Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Delay

Hey guys.

I've been wanting to play around with Delay for a while, so yesterday I picked up an Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo pedal. It has controls for Delay Time, Repeats and Delay Time with switches for Delay/Echo and a switch for Delay range: 30-160, 120-650 and 480-2600 ms.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips or settings that you use on your delay pedals? If possible I would be looking to set the pedal so it had useable sounds in each of the 3 range settings. For example, a doubling effect in 30-160, a slap back effect in 120-650 and sound on sound in 480-2600 mode.

I play mainly Classic Rock and Blues stuff. I also occassionally use a Whammy pedal, and I think using a Delay with it will give birth to some crazy sounds

Thanx for any comments.

Craig

Re: Using Delay

What I used to use a delay for is "making people think I´m playing 2x as fast". Set the delay time relatively short, but "in time" withthe song, set the feedback and decay so you get 1 "rep" almost as loud as the original, and none therafter. Start shredding, listen to yourself become god

Although I think 10000000000000 People have already done that. Nonetheles, the Only thing I ever used a Delay for back when I still had one
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Thanx for the reply Zerb.

I got a question for you about fitting tremolo systems. You on Yahoo messenger at all soon?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Brow
        Thanx for the reply Zerb.

I got a question for you about fitting tremolo systems. You on Yahoo messenger at all soon?

Craig
        You mean like right now?
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The only usefull setting for a delay unit I've found is a very mild reverb like echo.
          Works great in the effects loop of a amp w/o verb or weak verb. I don't know
          the ms. settings off hand,But you get the Idea. Just to fatten up your tone.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I used it as a make my sound more spacious.
            My levels are not so high and I set the feedback/repeat slighty further up than most people do.

Comment

i haven't got my dd-3 back yet but i was wondering if anybody knows the setup to get larry's delay sound from primus. He used to use a dd-3 before he got his vox valvetronix.

I'm sure i can figure it out after i dub with it for a while but it would be easier if somebody already had a good base to start off on and save me time and patients
              boreddddddddddd

Comment

for solos i set the dealy time at half the time of the tempo. or like something relative to it. like every 4th note or half note. it sounds like its under control. i always here people who just let it go whenever and it kinda takes aways from the song.
                Down at the edge, close by a river.
                Close to the edge, round by the corner.
                Close to the end, down by the corner.
                Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

hmm, slap back is more in the 50-80ms range...doubling is 5-15ms. for sound on sound think 5sec or more. the line6 does this (14/28 secs).
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I typically use my Maxon AD-900 as a slapback delay, although I sometimes set it for a very short delay time to fatten up my sound. That's particularly useful if there's only one guitar in a band setting.

Ryan
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Thanx for the replies guys.

I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with

Craig

Comment

The easiest way(s) have the delay in time with the song:

1.) Make sure YOU start the song with the delay on
                        2.) Tap Tempo

Tap isn't always exact (human error betwixt you and the drummer) but you can always reset it, can't you?

Comment

Take a listen to " My Heads In Mississippi " ... Tasty use of Delay , Right There !!!
                          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

i dont have a delay pedal but there is a delay unit in my j-station (only a headphone amp). i basically use it just to fool around with. fun to do that with, but i probable wont but a pedal of one for a long time.

also, Zerb, i sometimes set it to delay like 10 seconds after i played something, then listen to it. lol.
                            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                            fender mim standard strat
                            peavey classic 30
                            johnson j-station
                            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                            yamaha f-310p acoustic
                            taylor 410 acoustic
                            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                            X