Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Like the new look to my LP custom?

Me Like, me definitely like
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Very nice Brisk. Makes me regret selling my '70 black Custom. The chrome rings and mirror dish knobs just make it. I remember flipping my truss cover like that long ago...don't really know why I did.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
      Celestion speakers
      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
      Too many pedals....

Comment

flip the truss rod cover back, and i think its beautiful. crome on black like that is very classy. perhaps the only thing that could make it more classy would be a white pearl pickguard.

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't look "goth" at all. More like an assassin. (Ninja guitar, perhaps? ) I like it.
          -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
          I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Looks great...Gives me ideas for my Epi LP Custom !!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Brisk. I love that strat, too. I like your Custom exactly as it is, although I'd flip that trussrod cover around. Here's a picture of that pickguard I was talking about. You may not dig it, but a silver/black one, along with your black pickups and chrome rings would add some unique class, and make it less plain. Just a thought. Only $13 too!

Here's the Ebay link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38086
              Thanks brother. I flipped the trussrod cover around. I even didn't noticed it was flipped. The pickguard looked wicked! That's gonna turn my guitar to some kind of witchcraft tool! Thanks for the link.

I am going to try nikel covered humbuckers next.
              "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Originally posted by Ez74
                that LP looks great... i think it is the knobs that make it

just curious... did u take the pickup rings off that ibanez?
                I agree that it's the knobs that give the classic look. The rings are from stewmac.

Comment

If I had a Les Paul, that's what it would look like.
                  green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Brisk. What do you think of that pickguard? Do you like it, or not. I like it in that picture, but wonder if it's too aftermarket or busy looking on a classic guitar. I dunno.

I think a nickel C-5/59 with the original black rings would look good, but maybe too much like the 68. You should just leave it like you have it for awhile, till you really want a change.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

looks great man. How do you like the sound of the 59/59 combo in there?
                      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I think it would be too death-metal-ish with that pickguard. I am enjoying the guitar without any pickguard. Kinda John Sykes's banged up custom look. I am sending my goldcovered Seth Lovers to the custom shop for chrome cover job. We will see ...

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                        Brisk. What do you think of that pickguard? Do you like it, or not. I like it in that picture, but wonder if it's too aftermarket or busy looking on a classic guitar. I dunno.

I think a nickel C-5/59 with the original black rings would look good, but maybe too much like the 68. You should just leave it like you have it for awhile, till you really want a change.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                          looks great man. How do you like the sound of the 59/59 combo in there?
                          You can't go wrong with 59s in LP. I get the creamy solo tone from neck and thick and deep tone from bridge. Of course, with the same amount of gain, LP distorts more with better sustain because the bulky body.

Comment

looks great brisk!!!

i love that white strat too!!!
                            Originally posted by jeremy
                            God hates bad guitar tone
                            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I like how it looks, makes the inlays and binding look more lively i think.
                              Deadbolt

Comment

Awesome!!! I was thinking about putting chrome rings on my Black explorer with mirror pickguard.. Where did you get them??
                                How do you like the dual 59 combo?? I have a 59b in the neck
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X