help - amps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help - amps!

currently i have a small-ish 90 fender ss amp. in the future, i plan on getting a tube halfstack. up until now, ive been considering two marshalls, the 2205 and the dsl50. now ive seen the soldano hot rod 50 and 50+, which look amazing too. does anybody have any opinions of these amps, or any others that would suit my style: rock/metal/fusion distortion, but nice clean channel. 50 watts is preferable, and plenty of power for me. what do you think? thanks

rraawwrr
    woooooo

well, i've been looking at getting a '67 Fender Bassman halfstack... its got great cleans, and i think you could build a pretty good heavy rock tone if you add in some pedals.

But i also know that the JCM800s really rock... especially if you've got a pedal to help drive them.
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Comment

BOth of those Marshall are great. I have both and although they do sound different the DSl would be better for you. The clean is better on the dsl. It is very versitile. But if you want that certain sound you have heard a million times get the JCM 800
      Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
      Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
      Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
      Epiphone LP Special w/JB
      Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
      Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
      1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
      Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

thanks guys. of course, like you said abandon, ive probably heard that jcm 800 more times than all other amps combined, between tom morello and michael schenker (and probably others who use it). im not so worried about the cleans, since i wouldnt use it very often. i would probably have it overdriven the entire time, unless the song called for a clean, acoutstic-like piece.
        woooooo

Comment

Originally posted by rraawwrr
          thanks guys. of course, like you said abandon, ive probably heard that jcm 800 more times than all other amps combined, between tom morello and michael schenker (and probably others who use it). im not so worried about the cleans, since i wouldnt use it very often. i would probably have it overdriven the entire time, unless the song called for a clean, acoutstic-like piece.
          with the 2205 your not gonna be able to do those clean acoustic pieces well

Comment

i know but im not really worried about that because they will be so few and far between that i would not even use that guitar. in the studio i would just break out an acoustic guitar and mic it. on stage i could just have an acoustic guitar mounted on a stand thing. its no big deal really. but what about that soldano? it can have a clean channel supposedly. anything about that?
            woooooo

Comment

Working...
            X