Ibanez Tone-Lok TubeScreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Tone-Lok TubeScreamer

Anyone tried one of these? thoughts? (I know it seems many of you prefer modded stompboxes, but for the price is it decent?)

TS-7 Tubescreamer
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Ibanez Tone-Lok TubeScreamer

well.. i dont know how they capture the old sounds. it has a modern-ts9 switch on it or something like that.. but i dont know how close it comes to the original

Comment

I've played one. It's no tubescreamer.
      Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
        Anyone tried one of these? thoughts? (I know it seems many of you prefer modded stompboxes, but for the price is it decent?)

TS-7 Tubescreamer
        I own one of these pedals,as does Curly and Frest Start that were all modded by me...After the mods,this pedal is pretty cool and has a nice fat tone...The boost switch is a cool feature and is enhanced by the mods....If you get a good deal on one,send it to me and let me mod it and make it alot better...IM me if you're interested...

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by kaknight
          It is a very good sounding pedal after some mods to it...Great pedal for the price,has the boost switch,the locking pots,and is built very rugged in a sturdy metal case...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Hehe meaning not closed and muffled
            I bet StratDeluxe can make it sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              Hehe meaning not closed and muffled
              I bet StratDeluxe can make it sound great.
              Thanks Rid....

It needs some value changes and also the right caps in places and the pedal really comes alive...It's not a bad pedal really in it's stock form but it's better sounding after some changes,..I think it already has the JRC4558D chip and that helps..

John

Comment

Stock those TS7s are fizzier than an Alka-Seltzer tab and thinner than Gwenyth Paltrow on a hunger strike... I'm sure SD97 can do some magic to it though.

Comment

Thanks folks...Guy at work has a near new one for sale. I wasn't really in the market for it, but if it's a good deal, I'll grab it and send it SD97's way
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

lol.. with these pedals.. you either fry the adapter input or they last you a lifetime... you wont break them. ever... not with that 2 milimeter aluminium casing they're in

Comment

I've had more problems with the switch on my TS-7, than any of my other tubescreamers (ts9, ts10, & ts5), but the sound wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. They are real cheap, and very close to the old TS sound, even unmodified.
                      "shut up and play yer guitar" FRANK ZAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by FireBros.
                        I've had more problems with the switch on my TS-7, than any of my other tubescreamers (ts9, ts10, & ts5), but the sound wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. They are real cheap, and very close to the old TS sound, even unmodified.
                        I wholeheartedly agree. The TS7 even has the same chip as the TS9. If you look inside the battery compartment, though, you can see where the switch has faults. It's the big footswitch coming down diagonally onto a tiny little switch which engages/disengages the effect. It has its moments where it just doesn't switch on or off. If you're gigging, and need something with reliability, you might want to look into one of the other Tubescreamers.
                        '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

yet ironically the boss sd-1 is closer to being a ts-9
                          Originally posted by gibson175
                          metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                            yet ironically the boss sd-1 is closer to being a ts-9
                            Do you mean in construction Drew?

I've found the SD-1 to have a very different tone compared to the stock TS's I've played through ( original TS808's, TS-5s) and owned (original TS-9, TS-10, and TS-9 reissue).

Comment

Originally posted by FireBros.
                              Footswitch eventually went bad on every TS (and other Ibanez pedals) I've owned..my TS-9 reissue is currently out of commission because of that.

I really should get it fixed I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X