HELP !!! Buying new guitar today ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !!! Buying new guitar today ....

Hi dudes ... today im buying a new guitar at the local music store near my house (I Live in Brazil) .... after a long search over the Internet ... I found 3 guitar models that where worth a check:

Ibanez RG1570
    ESP KH202
    Jackson DKMG

... Please im in a hurry to get a new guitar ... so i would be very happy if the guys around here ... could post their opnions in these guitars .... OBS: Forget about their pickups .... i'll change them anyway ....

Souns and Tones I Want : Ozzy (Randy Rhoads) ... Black Sabbath ... Shaman ... Angra ... Iron Maiden ... METALLICA .....

Sorry for the HUGE post guys .... Does anyone have any of these guitars ?? Are they Good Quality ?? Hardware is good (Floyds .. NECK [String Action comments plz] ... Tunners ... ETC...) ?? Anyone reccomends another guitar besides these ones ??

I will play then by a Marshall JCM800 with 2 4x12 Cabs and a Boss GT-6 Effects Procesor .... Keep in mind that i need a comfortable guitar to play (I mean a good neck ...) ... and one with i can desenvolve my guitar techniques (Sweep ... Tapping) .... THX ALL AND SORRY AGAIN ... IM NEW TO THE FORUM ....
    Last edited by Stevei Da Morsies; 11-28-2004, 12:00 PM.

Re: HELP !!! Buying new guitar today ....

why do people always apologise for asking this type of stuff?? dont worry man, we're help to help ..

well, if i was you i'd check out the jackson. the hammet one is an LTD and LTD = not good. i hate ibanez with a passion so there..
    check out more jacksons and get a good feel for their necks. they have AWESOME necks (it's like poetry hehe) but some people need to find one that suits them most.
    definately try out more than 1 guitar

Comment

i too hate ibanez, but i'm also not a big jackson fan, so
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

LTD's are actually of very high quality... but you always get some duds.

I agree with Davey about Ibanez necks... so I'd point you in the direction of Jackson as well. ESP if you want a guitar other than the KH series (I don't like them )

Welcome to the board!

Bee
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

The KH series doesn´t speak to me nearly the way a Jackson does, and considering that I hate ESP and Ibanez anyway

But seriously, the DKMG is probably one of the best guitars out there for the cash. Very fast neck, decent trem, I personally don´t like the HZs, but that´s taste.
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I have an RG570 & love it. Really, for what you want to do, any of those would be a good choice, although if you wanna go the ESP/Ltd route, I'd say go with an M series rather than the KH. I think you get way more bang for your buck out of a non-signature model (that's basically the same thing anyway!)

I would also recommend you look for them used. All three of them can be had used for a fraction of the new cost. The fact that they don't hold their value for sh*t can be a blessing OR a curse
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Jackson Good necks
              His Grace is Amazing

Comment

oww.... thanks guys ... and i think im going with the Jackson ... but i will check the ESP M today too ... well i have like 6 hours to decide .... My mon decided to take me to buy the guitar tomorow (BUT ILL PAY IT) ... so wut other JACKSON MODEL U GUYS RECCOMEND??

Comment

DUDES ... WHERE CAN I BUY AND Original Floyd Rose Trem??

Comment

Personally, I'd go with either the Ibanez or ESP. I love Ibanez guitars, I'm never going to let go of my Ibanez JS1000BP. With any Ibanez above 400, you can get good tones. I'd def switch out the pups on either of those two guitars. Any set of Dimarzios will do those guitars justice. Or, DD in bridge and Full Shred in neck is a good combo.
                    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                    PRS McCarty STD
                    '71 Gibson SG Custom
                    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
                      Personally, I'd go with either the Ibanez or ESP. I love Ibanez guitars, I'm never going to let go of my Ibanez JS1000BP. With any Ibanez above 400, you can get good tones. I'd def switch out the pups on either of those two guitars. Any set of Dimarzios will do those guitars justice. Or, DD in bridge and Full Shred in neck is a good combo.
                      i can get good tones with a 200$ epiphone. get my point?

the feel is what's MOST important. the JS series has a fender neck. Wizard II = ****, period. End of discussion
                      ESP and jacky are in the same boat as far as I'm concerned, you go for the one that talks to you better. the neck has to fit your hand better than a glove, thats why i said try out multiple guitars before you buy. try not to buy the brand. buy the guitar that fits.

you can get a original floyd rose (schaller) in any better stocked guitar shop. and a ****load of online retailers

Comment

No one guitar would be better than another. Just go in there with time to kill, and spend an hour or more playing the guitars and deciding which one fits you best!
                        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                        • G&L Tribute Comanche
                        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                          i can get good tones with a 200$ epiphone. get my point?

the feel is what's MOST important. the JS series has a fender neck. Wizard II = ****, period. End of discussion
                          ESP and jacky are in the same boat as far as I'm concerned, you go for the one that talks to you better. the neck has to fit your hand better than a glove, thats why i said try out multiple guitars before you buy. try not to buy the brand. buy the guitar that fits.

you can get a original floyd rose (schaller) in any better stocked guitar shop. and a ****load of online retailers
                          I do

I Agree on the ESP /Jackson comparison. Throughout the whole line they are comparable, with ESP always being a little more expensive. Even on the high end, where the Jacksons are USA Made, including the custom shops. As far as quality goes, I´m more or less convinced that Jackson always beats ESP by about 10% in the price/quality debate, but (Import) Jacksons are a bit more spotty as far as consistency goes. Both have their own necks, but they are comparable, just a matter of what fits you better.

And, As I´ve said oftenJackson´s Import range is a bit lacking, as far as features go. While many LTDs use original Floyds/Duncans/EMGs, Jackson firmly sticks to the JT580 series Trems and Duncan Designed pups. But, and this is to Jackson´s defense, that´s because Jackson uses cheaper hardware and pickups but therefore better woods and workmanship on the imports, assuming that the user will add a better trem and pickups anyway out of personal preference (in the Charvel Tradition). And when this is considered, almost all tastes are fed, because, at least as far as pickups do, many do
                          Last edited by Zerberus; 11-28-2004, 05:33 PM.
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I personally despise Ibanez necks.
                            They are way too thin and dont feel like a guitar at all, they feel like a bit of paper.

Jackson make some kick a$$ guitars tho, I really like all the jacksons I've played.

Comment

Grandor, your avatar picture would look SO AWESOME painted on the body of a guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X