X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Photo Tour of Japanese Craftsmanship Part 2

Photo Tour of Japanese Craftsmanship Part 2

Here are some highly detailed pictures for you to examine the quality of these fine Japanese instruments. This is a Schecter strat which is the design Tom Anderson started using in his strats. This is one of the best guitars I have ever owned in my life.

Starting with the body. First of all, I wasn't sure if this was a real maple top or a maple veneer. After examining under the pickguard and tremolo, I could see that it's a very thin maple cap; maybe about 1/2 a centimeter thick. It's a cherry sunburst with a gold hue coming from the center.

The next few images shows a high quality 3-ply pearloid pickguard, Schecter tremolo (almost identical to EVH and Musicman trems), and Schecter SuperRock II humbuckers (designed by Tom Anderson), a push/pull coil tap, and a coil split toggle.

A little bit about the humbuckers... Here's a description of them from the designer: "This SCHECTER SUPER ROCK III has a very peculiar structure. Humbuckers usually have been set by the magnet under the bobbin, I have been placed under the magnet pole piece out of the bobbin, SCHECTER SUPER ROCK III. SCHECTER SUPER ROCK III is an interesting structure is not located in the pole piece magnet set has been a magnet around a coil bobbin intermediate sprinkle.

What's made that has a distinctive sound. Structural features are not in direct contact with the magnet pole pieces, in that the magnet sandwiched between the coil and the coil. Small magnetic field induces a magnetic force from the side and now I have been prone to react to string vibration. So, want to create the fast-rising sound character. In addition, 4-core shielded scheme, is also available in a variety of wiring variations. Such as tap or phase to produce a unique sound."

The following few pictures show the carefully detailed fretwork, beautiful pearl inlays, thick rosewood fretboard, contoured heel, and brass tremolo block.

Check out the sweet ash back and double strap buttons

Working...
X