what kind of guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of guitar?

I was ranting a few months ago bout my epi how I had some fretbuzz... the problem still isn't fixed so I got my money back... so now I 'm still without a guitar but have no id what to buy...

I 'm looking for a guitar with a warm sound but no les paul model (due to all the problems I had, I got a little turnoff for those guitars). My budget is about a 1000$.
    Any advise? (I play heavy metal -hardrock-blues)
    www.myspace.com/rollef
    www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Re: what kind of guitar?

Originally posted by shark
    I 'm looking for a guitar with a warm sound but no les paul model (due to all the problems I had, I got a little turnoff for those guitars). My budget is about a 1000$.
    I would say for those sorta sounds you'd probably want a les paul type, I wouldn't abandon Les Pauls just because of one duff Epi, check out stuff like LP studios, and all the japanese copies (edwards, greco, burny, tokai, dillon) I never hear any bad things about them...

Or you could maybe get something like a warmoth mahogany strat (or other body shape) and keep the mahogany warmth...

My $0.02.
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

1000 $ is a good budget for a very nice guitar.

A LP is a great choice for metal-hardrock-blues. The mahogany strat is another great idea.

LPs are great.
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Maybe a Schecter with pickup upgrades? Although some of them do come stock with a JB/'59 set (instead of "Duncan Designed"), so they might not need it.
        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

yeah, schecter's blackjack series is awesome.
          -Greg

Guitars:
          2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
          2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
          2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
          Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I have a C1+ (older 3-knob version) that I absolutely love. It came with Duncan Designed pickups in it, which weren't bad, but I wanted more versatility and sensitivity to pick attack and knob adjustments. Great guitars IMO.

Comment

I 'll be sure to check it out. does anybody know if ibanez or esp is anygood? (sure lots of famous people use them, but I need an opinion of people who actually can play guitar )
              www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

I also have an Ibanez RG321. It's a hardtail, mahogany body, and comes in blue or natural oiled finish. I got the natural finish to make a hot rod guitar out of, but the quality was a lot better than I expected for ~$300. I eventually swapped the pickups, tuners, and put a graphics kit from Universal Jems on it.

Comment

For around $1000 you can get A LOT of guitar. Hamer, G&L and Shecter will all give you your money's worth. If you want a warm tone, a Hamer LP copy would definitely do the trick and you might be able to find a Heritage LP copy for around that price (now those are killer guitars). Schecter makes a decent guitar and while I hate the feel of the necks, they do give you quality wood and appointments (like some models with Duncan pups).
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

i am a fan of ESP, and you can still get a LP shape from them and get either EMG's or Duncans stock. i play metal, and i do mess around in the blues occasionally, and i find ESP to be great quality and reliable...but like others have said, it's just my 2 cents

Comment

i say warmoth/stewardt macdonald a mahogany strat, with 3 pickups it'll be pretty hard NOT to get all those tones

I'd say hotrail bridge, rw/rp quarter pounder or something like that in the middle, and maybe a cool rail neck
                      Originally posted by gibson175
                      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I'd go with a used Hamer Studio if you can find one. There's usually a few on Ebay at any given time, and even with the shipping costs, you'd come in at under $1000.

Ryan
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Don't let one bad LP put you off to the entire type of guitar. LPs are Rock & Roll.
                          ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

thank you guys,I 'll be sure to check em all out. (euh... a little question, all these quitars mentioned, are they normally of good quality or is it like the epi's that I gotta try a few to find a good one?)
                            www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

You're going to find lemons with any guitar (perhaps barring a handmade custom ), the best idea is to play as many as you can get your hands on. Of the companies mentioned, I'd say it's a safe bet that quality control is pretty high most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X