pedal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedal questions

What are some good-sounding distortion pedals for lowend, high-gain stuff? I want a bassier pedal for my rig and my girlfriend wants some high-gain metal recto-y sound for her little Frontman 15 combo...so what would be a good pedal for either situation?

Also what are some good chorus pedals? And reverb?
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: pedal questions

hm, anything with 'metal' in the name?

you're gonna hafta do some modding to get a recto sound tho
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

haha yeah, I was thinkin of just getting her any old Boss distortion...metalzone, whatever.

I think I want a Big Muff tho...

-X
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

a big muff mixed with a ds-1 or a zakk wylde pedal may get you really close to recto tones

that's just a theory i have, i haven't tested it

Comment

Simple... Marshall Guvnor will give you some amazing JCM800 tones. The ShredMaster is another choice, more brutal.

In this price range... you can go wrong. The MetalZone would be my last choice... I'd have to be very desesperate...
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

A MT-2 (Boss Metal Zone) will definately get your girlfriend there. But don't use it with a tube amp. This pedal sounds great (or bad depending on your settings) through a SS amp but has a very thin tone through a tube amp.

I have an old clip here where I use an Ibanez RG ('59/JB)trough the MT-2 into a Randall RG100SC (SS). The settings were dialed in for the JB to sound fat so the '59 sounds quite muddy.
            Last edited by Nightburst; 12-03-2004, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
              In this price range... you can go wrong. The MetalZone would be my last choice... I'd have to be very desesperate...
              I'm curious, why is that?

Comment

nightburst hit it perfectly... through my solid state fender roc pro 100 it is godly sounding. through my modded dsl100 it is sooo thin i wanna throw it out the window.

that's what some people have to understand that differen't pedals sound completely differen't with differen't types of amps. My last choice is a ds-1 yet i wish i kept it to try with my dsl because i bet it would really kick the distortion channel to another level. Ya live ya learn... or hopefully
                boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst

The MetalZone is a horrible pedal, full of horrible tones!
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Edited my first reply

Comment

A MT-2 (Boss Metal Zone) will definately get your girlfriend there. But don't use it with a tube amp. This pedal sounds great (or bad depending on your settings) through a SS amp but has a very thin tone through a tube amp.
                      answered your own question

before you even asked it, at that

Comment

:d
                        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

I have an old clip here where I use an Ibanez RG ('59/JB)trough the MT-2 into a Randall RG100SC (SS). The settings were dialed in for the JB to sound fat so the '59 sounds quite muddy.

are those my settings maybe not mine are a little more high end
                          boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
                            are those my settings maybe not mine are a little more high end
                            Yup those are your settings

What's up with the bad temper in this thread people?
                            If you are going to make a statement at least back it up with some information instead of saying something just sucks.

Comment

Yup those are your settings

What's up with the bad temper in this thread people?
                              If you are going to make a statement at least back it up with some information instead of saying something just sucks.
                              +1
                              boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
                              X