Clear All

Re: Today is the real V day: NGD!

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    Were they waiting for the paint to dry?
    Haha- everyone at the factory said 'Its not my fault!'
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I kinda wondered what ever became of that prize. My favorite color is black, so it works for me.

That's the same electronic layout that came on my SG Diablo. It took awhile to get used to the 3 way in that spot, but I love having the volume close to the bridge pickup, like on a Fender.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Seeing as how you play Steinbergers alot, I bet it messes with you seeing that big ass boat paddle for a headstock.

Comment

Deans, especially the real deal USAs, are the poop! I've had a few of the new(er) TCs and they're awesome. I'd love to have the disposeable income that I had a few years back to try one of these in-house builds (used to farm the construction out to US Masters). Their version of the V is just about one of the most comfortable pointies around.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Seeing as how you play Steinbergers alot, I bet it messes with you seeing that big ass boat paddle for a headstock.
            Yeah, its WAY strange for me. The balance on Vs are probably the worst, especially on Deans- the strap button is on the heel of the neck, the other one is on the underside of the top point, which is normal. But let go, it wants to fall forward AND neck dive. I am used to small guitars so it is a lesson for me to step outside my zone- I certainly could never see myself actually buying a V, but I feel very lucky to have this one. And I have to thank Gene for helping the process along, as well as including me in the DOA jam.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
              DAT DAHKNESS

I second this
              Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
              Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
              Musicians are ****ing retards.
              Originally posted by ex-250
              Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

That guitar would really benefit from a set of Dunlop Straplocks and a dedicated strap. You could also counterwieght the lower buot of the body with a few nickels taped together and the taped in the cavity. Sounds wierd but 3-5 do the trick. That and the straplocks it will be simple to do.

All it takes to play is to ask. So I'll ask first. Would you play Dont Belive A Word by Thin Lizzy next year? TommyG , played Highway Star with you, would be the other guitar.
                Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                Guitar to sound output:
                Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                  You need black guitar strings on that thing!!!
                  That'd be awesome! Killer lookin axe, with great specs.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                    Deans, especially the real deal USAs, are the poop! I've had a few of the new(er) TCs and they're awesome. I'd love to have the disposeable income that I had a few years back to try one of these in-house builds (used to farm the construction out to US Masters). Their version of the V is just about one of the most comfortable pointies around.

+100. USA Deans are incredibly nice guitars, and the MIK are serious bang for the buck. My TCML was an excellent instrument. Good enough for Schenker, good enuff for me. When I win the lotto, i will order the original pointy triumvirate from them.

Congrats Mincer!
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I personally only have the MIK's....but they are considerably better than Epi's IMO.

I'm saving my pennies for a USA now.

For all the headstock wackiness (that is just funny Dave winning a big ol' Dean!) he didn't seem to have any problem playing it!
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Again - that thi ng is so black it just looks wet to me. Freaking awesome. They must have spent months buffing it. Yeah, that's it....months buffing....yeah....
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                          That guitar would really benefit from a set of Dunlop Straplocks and a dedicated strap. You could also counterwieght the lower buot of the body with a few nickels taped together and the taped in the cavity. Sounds wierd but 3-5 do the trick. That and the straplocks it will be simple to do.

All it takes to play is to ask. So I'll ask first. Would you play Dont Belive A Word by Thin Lizzy next year? TommyG , played Highway Star with you, would be the other guitar.
                          I got the straplocks on by Fri night, and the balance thing is more something to get used to, than a deal breaker. I am so used to playing tiny guitars like the Steinbergers, or my favorite, the Music Man, that things like Vs, Explorers, 335s all feel alien to me. I'd certainly be willing to do the Thin Lizzy tune next year, if we can balance all the classic rock with at least one prog or fusion tune! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Again - that thi ng is so black it just looks wet to me. Freaking awesome. They must have spent months buffing it. Yeah, that's it....months buffing....yeah....
                            I think *I'm* the one who is wet over this guitar.

Comment

You pick the song or say something like Mr. Kringle by Les Claypool's old band Primus? I know the bassist for it. OH ZOOOOT!!!!
                              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                              Guitar to sound output:
                              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                                You pick the song or say something like Mr. Kringle by Les Claypool's old band Primus? I know the bassist for it. OH ZOOOOT!!!!
                                How bout Winona's got a big brown beaver?? Les is Sick! I missed the Doa again due to issues at home.. bummed bummed bummed

Mincer that guitar is so sweet.. One thing that helps too, is if your strap is not the slippery kind. But has the suede type feel to keep it put.

Gene, Ill try a couple of nickels in my V to see if that helps... Not too bad of an issue since my strap stays put.

About US Deans, Id love to have tried a US Soltero.. my import is pretty amazing..
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X