Opening up my distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening up my distortion

My 212 hotrod deville's drive channels just aren't cutting it. I have a POD 2.0 but really am not a big fan of that thing through my amp, it's good for recording etc but not my amp (i have trouble doing the pods EQ then the amp's EQ then the reverb etc.). Anyway I'm really looking for a great under-rated pedal that won't compress through lots of distortion. I have to say that vintage strat single coils aren't the best for fast/distorted playing, and my uncle's PRS sounded way better just because the humbucking tone etc. but it was the way the amp throws distortion that bothers me. Please suggest some great pedals.
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Re: Opening up my distortion

1. G2D Custom Overdrive
    2. Boss DS-1 Keeley or Analogman (or the guy on the forum, sorry, forgot your username)
    3. Tech-21 (someone else might know the best model for you, but the ones I've tried have been great).

I use a G2D Custom Overdrive through a Fender Twin, and it's great. Has a solo boost channel too, giving you that extra flexibility when you're just using a single channel amp.

Comment

Re: Opening up my distortion

Maybe you need a SD Hot Rail in the bridge?

Comment

Working...
      X