Need Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice!

Ok, by now you all have probably seen the PRS that I'm getting very soon. It's a CU 22 with Dragon II pups. What should I do to get this guitar ready for some Heavy Rock type of music? Thanks guys.

Re: Need Advice!

The first thing I usually do is put locking tuners on...even on hardtail guitars. I just like the extra tuning stability and the ease of string change. Next, I'd put a Tone Pro's bridge on there....either the locking TOM or the adjustable bridge/stoptail combo (can't remember which one your PRS has). Blackrose carries both.

Next you ask....I would do the shielding and wiring change listed on this site.

Guitar Nuts

Removing the ground loops and reducing all possible hum can't hurt. Oh, and you might want to replace those Dragon pups (bet you thought no one would mention that...huh?)

My Sound Clips

Comment

Thanks for the help Jeff. I won't be needing it after all though. I've decided to cancle the PRS order. I kept having second thoughts on whether it was the right PRS for me, so I cancled it. ........................

It shure was pretty though.

Comment

I totally understand how you feel, thats a lot of money to blow on a guitar. I wouldn't have got my Gibson if my Boss wouldn't have bought it for me.

Maybe next time the right one will come along....

J
        Low wattage rocks!
        Bumbox Lead 1
        Orange Tiny Terror
        Vox 120VTH
        ----------------------
        Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
        Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

Originally posted by JfromHouston
          I totally understand how you feel, thats a lot of money to blow on a guitar. I wouldn't have got my Gibson if my Boss wouldn't have bought it for me.

Maybe next time the right one will come along....

J
          Indeed............I just want to be TOTALY sure that I get what I want before I whop out $2,500 for a guitar.

Comment

Working...
          X