Jcm 900?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcm 900?

Ok, I hope this doens't sound like a dumb question but....What's the main difference between the SL-X and Dual reverb versions of this amp? Is it that the one has reverb and the other doesn't. Also are these a 2 channel amp or a single channel amp? I thought there were 2 channels, but I read somewhere that they only had one.

Thanks!
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: Jcm 900?

SLX has more gain.
    Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
    Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
    Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
    Epiphone LP Special w/JB
    Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
    Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
    Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

This might help you a little. try google theres tons of info on these amps.
      Deadbolt

Comment

the sl-x is 2 channel but they are the same gain wise all you change is the volume and the sl-x has 412ax7's not 3 like the dual reverb
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll want to check out the SL-X. simply because it's got the extra pre-amp tube for more gain. Deadbolt, that link you gave was very helpful.
          -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
          Vox VT15
          Washburn D10SCE
          Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

I never felt like the Dual Reverb had that much gain. I have one at home and it does the Marshall "crunch" very well - but it doesn't pump out anything near the newer Marshall heads.
            Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Working...
            X