Daisy Rock!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy Rock!!!

My girlfriend showed me a site with these guitars the other day and all I can say is THIS STUFF'S AWESOME. I want one so much it makes me squeek just thinking about it. Anybody have any experience with these things?

And yes, I'm perfectly comfortable with my masculinity so playing a heart-shaped guitar on stage is no deal for me :fing25:
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Daisy Rock!!!

I have to say, the cloud shaped one and the heart shaped one look a bit crap for high fret access. I've seen a cloud one in a shop not long ago. I thought girls had smaller hands (as a rough rule of thumb), so why make fret access hard?

The rock candy special in blue shimmer looks quite nice though, I have to admit:

We are the only place for guitars for girls, guitars, clothing, picks, straps, gig bags, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, ukulele, pink sparkle, blue sparkle, purple, girl t-shirts, girl power.

Tune-o-matic string through body, mahogany body and neck, quilted maple carved top, rosewood fretboard, start fret markers, a coil tap for the humbuckers (Duncan Designed)......

....Dammit! 3 sentences and you've almost converted me!

Comment

That Stardust Series "Retro-H" looks great in Ice Blue.

I'd consider buying a guitar like that, but just the idea that you can make a guitar "for girls" seems absurd. The web site says "many boys and men play them too" but the marketing of these things doesn't sit well with me. I'm all for empowering girls to play guitar, don't misunderstand, because I think there's far too much bullsh*t testosterone floating around in the guitar playing world...
      Anyway, I couldn't play the guitars because I disagree with their company philosophy.

You know what, screw it, the first chance I get I'm buying a Retro H in Ice Blue.

Comment

You can find them pretty cheap on ebay.

Snowdog

Comment

Robert Smith! That's genuine... and the guy from Beck & IMA Robot! HA!
          this is actually quite do able:
          maybe put a couple duncans in it... that'd be sweet.
          Last edited by Indie P Bass; 04-06-2004, 12:55 PM.
          You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Awesome, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinkin these things are great...haha

And upper fret access is no problem when you're only playin powerchords anything...I'd be usin the custom Strat I'm building for anything I'd wanna show off with.

Comment

I have the yellow flower one. I put a EMG 81 in it. And a Floyd Rose on it. And changed the nut and tuners. I also put 70 gauge stirngs on it. I play Slayer and HateBreed with it. Its a good guitar LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
                I have the yellow flower one. I put a EMG 81 in it. And a Floyd Rose on it. And changed the nut and tuners. I also put 70 gauge stirngs on it. I play Slayer and HateBreed with it. Its a good guitar LOL.
                Thats freakin hilarious!!
                Fender Classic 60's Strat
                Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
                DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
                Vox V848 wah
                Line 6 MM-4
                Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Hey spoonman I'm from TN to. What part ya from?

Comment

Livingston . . . its about 10-15 mins outside of cookeville.

OR if you follow Highschool girl's bball, then our girls (Livingston Academy) just won the state championship, so you might know the name from there.

You?
                    Fender Classic 60's Strat
                    Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
                    DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
                    Vox V848 wah
                    Line 6 MM-4
                    Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

It's really funny that you'd say all that stuff about the EMGs and heavy strings 'cuz that was actually my plan for it, sans the Floyd Rose...hahaha

Comment

I've played them (shop was a dealer for a while) and they aren't bad at all. Right in line with the rest of Samick's stuff (The designer is the wife of Samick's prez, as I recall). They're quite playable and very usable. Perfect for something simple to noodle around on or maybe to have a different vibe on stage.

Comment

there was one of those heart shaped guitars in one of the guitar shops near me. i picked it up, did a couple solos on it

EVERYONE IN A 20 FOOT RADIUS WAS STARING AT ME

"dude, you realize your playing a heart, right?"

"i'm quite aware, friend"

"you've got balls bro'"

"yes... yes i do..."

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
                            That Stardust Series "Retro-H" looks great in Ice Blue.

I'd consider buying a guitar like that, but just the idea that you can make a guitar "for girls" seems absurd. The web site says "many boys and men play them too" but the marketing of these things doesn't sit well with me. I'm all for empowering girls to play guitar, don't misunderstand, because I think there's far too much bullsh*t testosterone floating around in the guitar playing world...
                            Anyway, I couldn't play the guitars because I disagree with their company philosophy.

You know what, screw it, the first chance I get I'm buying a Retro H in Ice Blue.
                            The way I see it, there aren't a whole lot of women guitar heros out there for girls to latch onto like boys do. As the father of 2...possibly 3...girls, if one of my daughters wants to play the guitar because it's "pretty" or "cute", then that's just fine with me.

When & if they got better, well.......I'm sure there's a Tele out there that needs a new home!!!

FUHGEDABOUDIT!!!!!!
                            Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 04-07-2004, 05:37 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
                            X