Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Tele Curly

Hey Curly

Was just looking at your site from the Gearjoneser thread you made.

Happened to look at your gear, and I have to say, the colour of your custom Tele is just beautiful. So nice having the transparent blue finish.

Looks like a Tele for sophisticated music

Re: Nice Tele Curly

Jonny,
    thanks kindly!
    I ordered a tele body from Warmoth, then saw that on their site, and called back immediately to get an "upgrade"!!

yeah, it came out very nice, and I worked on the setup and I've been playing it more lately. The only thing is that the guy who put it together "crowned" the frets, and I would have preferred just knocking the finish off, since it introduced a few buzz problems.

but it sounds pretty fine on the bridge pickup with a little tone rolled off, playing chords with a little distortion - to me, a great rock tone!

I'll have to do some more clips soon ..

thanks again
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Yeah, that makes that Tele of yours and the nice G&L Legacy you have that I'm jealous of now.

My Legacy is a kinda weird blue-green colour.

Hey, that's a question - do you or anyone else think that it would be a wrong move to repaint a G&L? It's a 1991 model, and I don't want to change the colour if I'll be messing around with a possible future classic that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R
        Yeah, that makes that Tele of yours and the nice G&L Legacy you have that I'm jealous of now.

My Legacy is a kinda weird blue-green colour.

Hey, that's a question - do you or anyone else think that it would be a wrong move to repaint a G&L? It's a 1991 model, and I don't want to change the colour if I'll be messing around with a possible future classic that's all.
        it sounds to me like you probably have Bel Air green

well, I don't know about affecting the values, but I think G & L does excellent finishes!

if you like G & L's, whatever you do, don't look here:
        G & L's
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Working...
        X