banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Your Personality Come Through In Your Tone and Playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Your Personality Come Through In Your Tone and Playing?

If i could play well enough to manipulate the guitar in any way i felt then i would say definitely, but my skills arent up to total scratch yet so im very limited
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

I'm pretty much a mimic. I like to get things note for note when playing a cover. Whether my personality come thru in my tone...I doubt it. I'm just borrowing from someone else. My technique...if you can call it that...may have a lot to do with my tone though.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
        i don't resort to playing guitar when i'm pissed, i work out.
        same here, get out the weights and crank the pantera

edit: thinkin about this again, i think its cause i know that if i lose control of my anger a lotta people can get hurt, so i have to find an unharmful way of gettin all the aggression out.
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Yeah, right, personality comes thru any rig.

I met a guy a few years ago (now a good friend), at first sight, I didn't like its sound... muffled, lacking clarity... then someday I heard him play thru different amps and guitars, including mine, and still the same... c'mon, he's in a Metallica cover band and he's sloppy... don't want to BS him, but he doesnt make any effort.... so

Now, me, I think I developped my style during my "Cream" years... Clapton from the Cream-era as influenced *alot* my playing style. Lts of pull/push/slides, with liquid picking attack (a part of the so-called woman-tone) and growl. I do like this style. I'm not a shredder at all. And no matter thru which amp/guitar I play thru, yes, I think I sound the same... just better with Duncans
          Last edited by Thames; 04-07-2004, 01:58 PM.
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250
            same here, get out the weights and crank the pantera
            exactly.

Comment

stupidity and loss of memory? yeah sometimes

for the most part i play most of the styles i listen too and combine them. so i suppose for the most part yes my playing fits my personality

Comment

when im pissed i also play REALLY hard and trend to wear a new pick out in a matter fo seconds and the string take a beating from hell. ESPECIALLY when im play simple power chords i hit VERY hard,a nd solois are another sotry. Bending is crazy and intense no melody just speed and bends! Whne im feeling sad i tend to play mroe gentle and happy is nornally fast but melodically fast and not over done liek when im mad. thats the beauty of the guitara nd any musical instrument you can expres yourself and your feelings!
                Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

i usually never get pissed off. i'm very laid back, maybe a bit melancholy. i like a variety of genres and i guess my playing does kinda reflect my personality. i find i have an ear for light stuff, i can write some killer alternate tuned ballads. my blues playing is decent and i am trying to get into funk now. i don't exactly like playing aggressive stuff.

however, every once in a while, to change things up, i'll write a hard rock or metal song. i'm decent at it, i just find i'm naturally better at lighter stuff.

i'm starting to really lift weights myself again.
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                  X