Teisco without a trussrod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teisco without a trussrod?

Hi guys! So today I wandered into a local pawnshop and noticed a small "brown burst" teisco that had a metal pickguard, two metal pickups, volume and tone pots, and two "off/on" plastic switches. The price was "$2000 FIRM" and I freaked out and had to ask what was up with that. The owner said it was a piece of junk guitar that was on display to have people get freaked out over. I asked "well how much would you sell it for?" and he told me $25 bucks. So I noticed the neck pup works and the bridge doesn't and also it's missing a nut and bridge (but still has things to hold strings). I noticed also that it doesn't have a truss rod but three small little bars in the neck. The neck is straight as an arrow and the frets are also pretty good. So what I'm wondering is could I get a humbucker installed in it like a DiMarzio SuperDistortion or a Seymour Duncan JB and use this thing like a punk guitar? Is it worth a shot? And could I get it set up to play driving punk rock? It seems like it will last a long time
    Last edited by Austy009; 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM.
Working...
X