banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOXROX Captain Coconut 2...tell me about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOXROX Captain Coconut 2...tell me about it.

I've been looking for a good octave and vibe for a long time, and this thing looks like it's right up my alley. Anybody have one or played through one?

Re: FOXROX Captain Coconut 2...tell me about it.

They are endless fun if you ask me.
    Best with standart singlecoils, it does not like humbuckers very much, and you can configure it with both silicon and Germanium diodes or get a hybrid, just ask them, great company and a great Hendrix/Beck and in that vein pedals, the fuzz is one of the best I ever heard, the Vibe has some great features, the octa....wow!!
    I can honstely say that that pedal is the most fun I ever had.
    No contest, made me smile alot.
    Defently recomendable if you dig that style.
    Plus the outstanding workmanship is topnotch.

Comment

Really? Only single coils, huh? Well, that sucks! I realize the classic sound is single coils with those effects, but do humbuckers sound that bad with it?

Comment

It does not have the same magic, the fun with the singlecoils is fool around with the volumeknob alot...you can get some serious sounds out of that....very classy.
        Well maybe with some PAF-style buckers....but I suspect that this baby is made for teles and strats

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          It does not have the same magic, the fun with the singlecoils is fool around with the volumeknob alot...you can get some serious sounds out of that....very classy.
          Well maybe with some PAF-style buckers....but I suspect that this baby is made for teles and strats
          My guitar teacher runs his les paul through one and it sound great. They are just univibe, fuzzface, and an octavia clones all in one box. He highly recommends them, but yes they nail jimi.

Comment

Yeah it is a very acid box
            I have seen a few used around here.....I got to get one soon...hehe

Comment

I had one but sold it to a fellow SD forum member.

3-in-1 device Octovia, Fuzz face (Can change modules) and Rotovibe.

Great with single and humbuckers for Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, and Jeff Beck tones.

Sold mine because wife was on me to sell equipment and it was the only one she demanded that I sell, when we finally reached a compromise.

NOW I am back to buyng guitars and amps. See how she likes that apple!
              Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
              When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
              Red Devils - 1% all the way!
              Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
              Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                Best with standart singlecoils, it does not like humbuckers very much.
                I agree with this and I've since sold my coconut 2 and upgraded (I think) to...

For Fuzz - J. Everman Fuzz Drive
                For Octave - Fulltone Ultimate Octave (has fuzz too)
                For Univibe - Fulltone Deja 2 pedal (simply amazing - better than the coconut)
                (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

My pedalboard already looks like NASA. I've messed with them at low volume, but never got a chance to do it justice, by running a strat - Capt. Coconut - Plexi.
                  I guess I'd do what Hawkman did...just get the Fulltone equivalent in 2 or 3 pedals.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

But I got rid of all the Fulltone I had...hehe
                    Did not sound bad..just the opposite really, but the Coconut had more of the fun vibe than just the "correct" vibe to me.....Fulltone...there is just something about it I do not like very much...too much in some ways perhaps??

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                      But I got rid of all the Fulltone I had...hehe
                      Did not sound bad..just the opposite really, but the Coconut had more of the fun vibe than just the "correct" vibe to me.....Fulltone...there is just something about it I do not like very much...too much in some ways perhaps??
                      I had a Fulltone as well. It was great, but just a bit too compressed and dark for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                      X