Home amplification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home amplification

I live in a flat and all my neibours hear me when I play with my 50 watt amp. I would like to buy something smaller, just to play home. May be 15 or 30 watts. I also would like it to be a solid state because ussually i don't have much time to play and the valves won't have time to warm up.

Any suggestions?

Re: Home amplification

I have a Crate GX 15 that's a great Lil' practice amp. Has headphone jacks too.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Or maybe a small modeling amp? Or maybe a multi-effects like a Digitech GNX 2 that you could plug into your amp. I have the latter and for late night playing you can get some good sounds without disturbing anybody.

Comment

The multi-effects processors are cool. I have a Digitech RP3 that I used with my 50 Peavey for years. What was great was that I could keep the volume on the amp low, and everything still sounded the same. If that's not your thing modeling amps are an option too. If you just want a simple low watt solid state, check out the MG's that Marshall has to offer. I've never played their low watt stuff, but the MG 2x12 combo I played wasn't all that bad.
        -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
        Vox VT15
        Washburn D10SCE
        Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Roland makes one of those Cube amps that actually sounds really good and is low priced. Perfect for playing quietly at home.

If you have more cash, Tech 21 is the best that these ears have heard without going to real tubes.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
          buggjuice.net
          MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

TECH21 TRADEMARK 10

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I have read some good reviews about the TECH21 Trademark 10. Is it worth the money? Has it a good clear sound?

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
                I have read some good reviews about the TECH21 Trademark 10. Is it worth the money? Has it a good clear sound?
                The cleans are stellar on all the Tech21 stuff...dirty channels are liveable. The downside to the 10 it isn't footswitchable...upside is the size, the tone, XLR out for recording as a DI Box....super nice little practice/recording amp.

Go to the website...on the left hand side, click on PRODUCTS follow down to TM10...go down to sound samples. On the 10, it's a little hard to follow because they play one song using all the different settings throughout. Follow along with the time signatures. I think you'll like it !

Also, check with Chip (Fresh Start)...he has a TM10

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I would check on a used POD 2.0 on Ebay
                  Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
                  VHT 2502
                  (2) Randal XLT 4X12
                  (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
                  Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
                  Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
                  http://www.robertkeeley.com
                  Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
                  Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

vox Valvetronix are really nice in hiome situations. great deals to be had on them. plus headphone option and on most of them you get the multiple power output settings. best deal of the bunch is the 60 watt head. but they just came out with two smaller versions that I would like to try. A few less amp models, but it's a start.

Line 6 Pod 2.0 with headphones will be the cheapest way out if you buy used. Strictly a modeling device but it's pretty good at what it does. Lots of amp models.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

My intention it is to buy a device that delivers a pro/semipro sound at low levels. I like very much to mesh around with the electronic of my guitars at my home so i need something with a good clear sound. I don't mind to expend a little more if it worths the money.

The problem with the tube amps it is that they need to be ON all the time so the tubes are warm. That it is way i'd like the amp to be solid state...

I don't have any experience about modeling amps or POD. But it seems to me that you still need a good device to reproduce the sound.

Comment

Working...
                      X