how do I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I?

Now that I have your attention, does anyone have any idea's on how I might "yellow" the finish of my acoustic? I'm not asking how to relic it, that's already happened, I just prefer the aged and yellowed finishes of the old Martins and what-nots. Any ideas? thanks.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: how do I?

I know coffe grounds work on white Fender finishes, it might be worth a try.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Take up smoking?

Comment

actually mrid, I was thinking about goin to get a pack and just blowin the smoke on the guitar. Ya think that'll work?
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
          actually mrid, I was thinking about goin to get a pack and just blowin the smoke on the guitar. Ya think that'll work?
          Yep. Take a sealed cardboard box and pipe in smoke. That'll do it just fine. Might take several treatments, though.

Comment

The way most "old" martins are yellowed is adding a little color to the laquer. That being said in order to "yellow" the finish, the instrument will need to be Refinished. Aside from that you could put it under stage lights for 20 or 30 years and it would have the same effect.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
            X