banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

    Hey guys.

    I was having a jam with a friend earlier and we were playing along to the drum machine that he has in his Zoom multi FX pedal. We were taking turns soloing and I found it so much easier to solo to the drum machine, than I do to nothing, like when I practise at home.

    So now I'm looking into getting a drum machine or similar myself I noticed that the KORG Pandora's have lots of recorded drum tracks in different styles, aswell as basslines that you can change the key of. This unit is really starting to appeal to me and I was just wondering if anyone has ever used them, and if so are they anygood for the money?

    Thanx for any opinions.

    Craig

  • #2
    Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

    *bump*

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

      I just bought one today. I'll try to remeber to give a review when it gets here.
      "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
      - C.S. Lewis

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

        Steve Vai says he don't travel without one!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

          Thanx for the replies guys.

          I thought this thread had died, so I went ahead and ordered 1 anyway If its good enough for Steve Vai, then I'm sure I can manage to cope with it

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

            I have a Korg PXR4, which is the recording version of the Pandora. It rocks! I usually cut demos and practice w/ a guitar going into the Korg and then to headphones or computer speakers (powered Roland studio monitors) ... I use the "2001" setting for hi gain stuff, just tweak the trim a bit, and the "Clean CL" for clean stuff ... sounds fine. There's a drum machine and other things in there, as well as a tuner, but I really just use it for the guitar FX.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

              Thanx for the reply.

              The main reason I wanted a Pandora was to practise with the drum machine. The FX and amp sims might come in handy for demos etc, but the drum machine was the main reason I want 1

              Craig

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                I have a Korg PXR4, which is the recording version of the Pandora. It rocks! I usually cut demos and practice w/ a guitar going into the Korg and then to headphones or computer speakers (powered Roland studio monitors) ... I use the "2001" setting for hi gain stuff, just tweak the trim a bit, and the "Clean CL" for clean stuff ... sounds fine. There's a drum machine and other things in there, as well as a tuner, but I really just use it for the guitar FX.

                I've got a PXR-4 also & to be honest, I just use it for a practice/headphone amp. I've tried recording with it, but for some reason I lose everything when I try to send it from the unit to the computer. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but it's very annoying that the manual bounces around a bit too much(refers you to other places when bringing up a topic)..........I recorded some vocals for a Jeff_H tune & lost the whole d@mn thing in the transfer! I'm an idiot though so, I probably just need to play around with it more.

                Anyway, the FX are very usable either thru a headset or thru an amp. My brother has the original Pandora & LOVES IT !

                For what it is, I think you'll enjoy it. My main gripes are with the recording part of the PXR4, not the box itself.

                Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon


                https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                  Originally posted by Brow
                  Thanx for the reply.

                  The main reason I wanted a Pandora was to practise with the drum machine. The FX and amp sims might come in handy for demos etc, but the drum machine was the main reason I want 1

                  Craig
                  In that case, just get a Boss DR-3; you'll spend less and be way happier.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                    Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                    I've got a PXR-4 also & to be honest, I just use it for a practice/headphone amp. I've tried recording with it, but for some reason I lose everything when I try to send it from the unit to the computer. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but it's very annoying that the manual bounces around a bit too much(refers you to other places when bringing up a topic)..........I recorded some vocals for a Jeff_H tune & lost the whole d@mn thing in the transfer! I'm an idiot though so, I probably just need to play around with it more.
                    I've NEVER had a problem sending files via the USB to my computer. Are you sure you're saving properly? The interface on the PXR4 is weird ... it can get very confusing, and I've massacred some tunes as well.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                      Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                      I've NEVER had a problem sending files via the USB to my computer. Are you sure you're saving properly? The interface on the PXR4 is weird ... it can get very confusing, and I've massacred some tunes as well.
                      I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong along the line....I just need to play with it more. It's just a little frustrating when you try to backtrack in the manual to see where you might have gone wrong & it tells you to go to another section.......BLAH BLAH....It's not the machines fault as much as it is operator error!!!!

                      Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon


                      https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                        I have a PX3 and I love it... It's pretty nice for the price and great for quiet practices with headphones...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: KORG Pandora - Anyone tried 1?

                          My PX4 arrived today, and it's about the coolest thing ever! I've spent the last couple of hours jamming with it. With the tuner, phrase trainer, backing tracks, metronome, amp models, etc, it's packed my whole practice setup into a tiny box barely bigger than a deck of cards!
                          "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
                          - C.S. Lewis

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X