Effects Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Cable

I just ordered a big-ass pedal board from NYC Pedalboards (Mike is a great guy to talk to and was very helpful in my decision making process), and want to make my own custom effects cables to fit. Anyone know where I can order some cable, what ga. is best with effect pedals, and which plugs are generally the best but affordable to buy a bunch of and use?
    Thanks for any input!

-Bob

Re: Effects Cable

I recommend George L's http://www.georgels.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
      I recommend George L's http://www.georgels.com/
      I second that recommendation! My entire signal chain is GeorgeL's. They're perfect for pedal boards as you can cut them to any length for a nice clean look on your board. Better than that... they sound great.
      (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

George L's is definitely the way to go.

Here is a link where you can get em cheaper than directly from the manufacturer. These guys are great:

Good luck!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
        buggjuice.net
        MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

i use monster performer 500 jazz cables but i use george l's for my pedal board

Comment

Guitar Heaven has good prices and selection on the George L stuff - there's a package that includes some cable & "L" plugs that saves a bit compared to buying the parts separately.

Chip
              Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
              Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
              Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
              SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
              SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
              "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
              X