Fasel inductor woe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasel inductor woe

I hope someone can clear up this problem. I have a Vox reissue V847 wah pedal and I thought I would like to install a legendary Fasel inductor. I opened up my pedal and now see that the stock inductor has 4 solder points but the Fasel has only 2 apparent leads!
    Is it possible to make this mod? Thanks. - Rob McFee

[email protected]

Re: Fasel inductor woe

I think torres enginneering makes a modification kit they have a tech hotline so you may be able to speak with someone in the know. Just bought a dime duncan with fasel for 59 clams and am very happy with the sound but will probably buy the vox later on cant have too many toys you know.....

Comment

Are you sure that all four lead go somewhere? I have a BOSS that has four mounts, but two are just into the pCB to hold it in place ... They don't connect to any traces at all. not sure what VOX or Crybaby (Dunlop) is using now in the current production,... but check it out.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I'm guessing the inductor has two leads for the primary coil and two for the secondary. Does you stock inductor have all four wires connected to the circuit, or are two does there to hold it in place? If it does only have two in the circuit (which it probably will) then you can just wire your fasel to the necessary points and ignore the other two.
        Gibson Les Paul w/ Seths. Strung with EB 12's
        Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI
        Arbiter Fuzz Face, Fulltone Fatboost, Crybaby, Voce Spin II

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny C
          I'm guessing the inductor has two leads for the primary coil and two for the secondary. Does you stock inductor have all four wires connected to the circuit, or are two does there to hold it in place? If it does only have two in the circuit (which it probably will) then you can just wire your fasel to the necessary points and ignore the other two.
          There you go ...
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X