X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today I played a Mesa F-30...

Originally posted by Norman_T
    StratTom,

I think it may have been who suggested to try out the F series. I do think that it may be better for you to try out the F50 as this has far more options for you than the F30. The F50 gives you the ability to change and put in different power tubes, whereas the F30 does have the EL34 tubes in them for that classic marshall sound. I don't think the additional power will be too much for you to handle - who ever said that(!) and it is the ideal power rating. The F50 does go back to what Mesa did well and their clean channel is knockout. If you can wait and get a F50 for good money then I suggest go for it. But if you have to pull the trigger on that F30 then $650 is a good price.

FWIW I have a Nomad 55 1x12 combo and also an ext speaker and when I was in the market for one, I could not find a F50 anywhere in stock some 4-5 months ago, hence the reason why I went for the Nomad. I may be thinking about trading this in for the F50, but may wait a little longer.

Norman
    Norman_T , check your Private Msgs please. I have a nomad 55 question for you
    2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

From what I've read the F-series uses the old blackface Fender tone circuit in the clean channel, and a Fender tone circuit with Rectifier values on the dirty channel.

It sounds like a really nice combo, I'd like to test drive one someday.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by FenderBoy
        Norman_T , check your Private Msgs please. I have a nomad 55 question for you
        FenderBoy,

Check you private msg, I have replied and if you have anymore questions let me know

Norman
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom
          BTW, how much extra was it for the red tolex?
          It was part of the deal , I traded a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a Mesa Boogie DC-3, because this 1 amp sounde like both of those. The F-50 has quite a bit of gain on the gain channel I only have the gain at 11:00 with plenty to go on the clean I have it a 2:00. I'm hooked until the next amp, maybe a Lonestar or something, has to be a versatile 2 channel though
          Dom L
          1997 Roadhouse Strat
          2005 Eric Clapton Strat
          2007 Martin 000-28EC
          2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

I have also test driven the F-30 at my local dealer. I plugged a Les Paul Jr with a dog ear P-90 in the bridge and let her rip. To my ears, it sounded remarkably like my good buddies Mesa Mark IIc+. That's a good thing as far as I am concerned.
            Formerly Michael_D. on the old forum....

Comment

The f-50 is a great little amp. The overdrive is very much the modern mesa sound, which isn't my thing, but many others like it. The clean was very impressive.

An f-50 with a celestion vintage 30 would be even cooler.
              Originally posted by Jolly
              ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
              X