Tech21-trademark10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech21-trademark10

I am really impressed about the things i have read about his amp and i am thinking in buying it. I now it is a bit expensive but it seems that it worths the money...

Is it really as good as everybody saids? has anybody tried it?

Re: Tech21-trademark10

i haven't tried it...i think a few people on here have one, i can't remember who though...

i love my 120...they make good stuff man!!!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I've been using a TM 10 for a couple years. Great practice/recording amp. It's a dead-ringer for a Marshall in a 14 lb package. I use mine on the Marshall setting about 90% of the time. Never found a sound I like on the Mesa setting. The Tweed setting can sound good at times, but is a bit flat for a truly great clean sound IMO.

Comment

There's a guy on the forum who has one, Steve S, was his old handle. He likes his a lot. A friend of a friend of mine has one that I played through a few times-sounded great-it did give a pretty decent Marshall/gain channel and the cleans were pretty solid. He played with a Hamer Studio, and I played my Tele. I seriously considered this amp when I was looking for a compact amp-I went with a H/K Edition 30.

Tech 21 has a cool limited run 30W amp that you may want to check out.

They didn't have it at the time I was looking
        Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Yup...they have the TM30LE....EXACTLY the same amp in 30watts & a special Weber 10'' speaker. I bought one but sent it back because the cabinet was broken. D@MNED UPS !!!

The TM10 is a very nice practice/recording/bedroom amp....only downside, aside from the minimal volume, is it's not footswitchable. So if you want to switch from clean to dirty, you have to manually do it.

They show up on E-bay all the time....also, John w/BlackRose Customs (BlackRose on this forum) is a dealer for Tech21. He can probably hook you up with any info!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

The TM10 is definitely good if you're looking for versatility. Its especially good for blues and rock. The Mesa setting is cool when I want to do something really heavy. I'd say its only weakness is its cleans for jazz. The clean settings can be kind of flat, as Alvin Lee Fan said. Of course, I don't have the nicest guitar, so you might want to take that into consideration. I think it's been worth the money just for the blues and rock stuff I play. If it's important to you for the amp to have footswitchable channels, you might want to look elsewhere. I was concerned about that at first, but I've done fine with an overdrive pedal for going from clean to dirty. Good luck.

Comment

Mhhhh.. I am taking really seriously to buy it... It seems that it is just what i need. I don't care about the money if it worths. The only down side it is the clean settings couse i really like to play clean. Anyway It seens that without going to tubes this is the best option...

Comment

I've got one clean clip of my TM 10 if you're interested. Most of my TM 10 recordings are more on the raunchy side.

Comment

FWIW I use the Mesa setting for overdriven blues tones sometimes. Also, the reverb is great for such a small amp.

You really can't get much volume on the clean Fender setting, but with the small size, great versatility, headphone, speaker and XLR recording outputs, it's a wonderful little box IMHO.

Chip
                  Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                  Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                  Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                  SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                  SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                  "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

hmmm....i've been thinking of something small to bring with me to work on the weekends.........

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                      hmmm....i've been thinking of something small to bring with me to work on the weekends.........

YOU AREN'T BLAMING ME FOR YOUR ADDICTION, ARE YOU???
                      Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 04-09-2004, 08:26 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99

YOU'RE AREN'T BLAMING ME FOR YOUR ADDICTION, ARE YOU???

YES!!!!!!!!!

i'd like to play a few, but i'll probably stick with the td10...?!

Comment

Working...
                        X