Trade my Goldtone RV60 for a Carr Mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade my Goldtone RV60 for a Carr Mercury

Didn't need the 75lb. combo takin' up any more room. I'm not in a band right now, so I went for pure tonal satisfaction. Check this amp out on Carramps.com. Only had it a few hours, plus the time playing in the shop, but the tone is friggin' unbelievable. Took my Antiiquity loaded Jeff Beck Strat along to evaluate the amp. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I also played a Hamer Monaco Elite thru it. Yowza!!! Eddie (the owner) told me Hamer was the best kept secret around, I said I knew, I got three. I almost walked out with the Hamer instead of the amp. But please, take a look at Steve's website(carramps.com)and check out his stuff. I'll have a full review after massive jamming.

Peace,

Darrin

Re: Trade my Goldtone RV60 for a Carr Mercury

cool, Darrin!
    takes guts to trade a bigger amp for a smaller one!

I was in a shop when they were testing a Mercury, although I didn't play through one.

I still think I should get the family discount, since my last name is Carr ...

"hey, Cousin Steve...."

I think I'd want the Slant V, though.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Yep, a quad of 6V6's in that Slant V sound pretty cool, with two being fixed bias, two being cathode biased. when you go half-power, you get to choose which bias mode you want. Very cool features.

Very expensive amp. I'd have to play one to determine if it's worth it, but I'm sure it is.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Carr's are sweet. I want to get a hammerhead someday. A little pricy though.

Comment

If I was going to buy a small tube combo, it'd be a Carr. I wouldn't buy one till I heard most of the models next to each other, but I love the Slant 6V and Imperial.
          I haven't tried the rest, but I'm sure you got one helluvan amp! Does that one have reverb? Holier Grail, if not.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

They seem pretty impressive Darrin! The reviews are sure great. I haven't tried one yet. What'd ya give fer it if ya dont mind my askin?

Jim
            MIM Super Strat w/ Warmoth SRV Neck, Antiq.Tex. Hot N, Antiq. Tex. Hot M, Twangbanger Br

Blues Jr (Bill M modded) Vox Tonelab [/SIZE]

Comment

THANKS A LOT!!!!

I just checked out that sight...and sound samples...SUPER NICE amps!!!

Definitely fill us in once you play it some more!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I played through a Carr Mercury at a guitar store when I was shopping around for a guitar. I couldn't even focus on the guitars because everything was sounding so sweet on the Carr. I was there for about an hour just plugging in teles, strats, prs, 335s. I would have bought it if I had the cash. Does anybody ever see used Carr amps for sale? Great choice, Darrin.

Comment

Working...
                X