Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhmcfarland
    replied
    Re: Who plays a Tele through a Marshall?

I run a MIM Tele through the SLO-100. Great tone! Like a tighter, brighter plexi when the gain is turned down to about 2 or 3. Also, Schizo 5 on the Bogner has a plexi-type vibe. One of the best sounds you can shoot for. The Tele uses an Antiquity bridge, and a Fralin Blues Special neck.

Leave a comment:

• That90'sGuy
    replied

I think that combination is heaven. I played that new model tele w/ a ii pros into a silver jubilee and it sounded pretty great.

I need a tele so that I can run it through the marshall channels on my triamp, I know it'll be killer

Leave a comment:

• Bludave
    replied

I have a CAL TELE which is a Tele witha strat pup in the neck. I run this thru a 900 combo. I believe the pickups are Fenger Tex Mex. It sounds real nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• rmcfee
    replied

David Wilcox plays a Tele into 2 half stacks (at least last year he did) and his tone was incredible. He is a great player anyway. - Rob McFee

Leave a comment:

• kevlar3000
    replied

Originally posted by JumpMarine
    Stevo and Kevlar, nice playing!
    Hey Thanks!! I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Tom M
    replied

Originally posted by JumpMarine
    What's noisy, the single coils?
    Yes. The guitar would probably be a lot better with a good shielding job.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

Originally posted by jeremy
    i run my tele with a qp bridge into my jcm 800 and it sounds great!! nice defined tone with a great top end and thick mids
    I've run my Tele into my '70 Marshall 50 watt and 59 Bassman (similar amps)...sounds great! I use the Boss DS1 to goose it a little sometimes...that sounds great too. You'd think you were hearing a Les Paul! Very thick mids and a nice snap on the top end...as Jeremy mentioned. With a good DS1 I can leave it on all the time and go from clean to overdrive by just adjusting the volume on my Tele.

I usually play through my smaller amps tho...the Marshall and even the Bassman are a little to loud and hard on my ears. They're really getting worn out! (my ears I mean...)

Lew
    Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2004, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JumpMarine
    replied

Stevo and Kevlar, nice playing!

Leave a comment:

• JumpMarine
    replied

Originally posted by Tom M
    I run a MIM Tele with a QP set into a JCM600. Sounds pretty good. The cleans can't be beat. It's just a little noisy.
    What's noisy, the single coils?

Leave a comment:

• Tom M
    replied

I run a MIM Tele with a QP set into a JCM600. Sounds pretty good. The cleans can't be beat. It's just a little noisy.

Leave a comment:

• mrfjones
    replied

no marshall but i do run my teles into a soldano, love the sound too, kind of plexish. I have antiquities in one of my teles right now and they sound very vintage but the amp adds a little kick. very defined but evenly balanced tone

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

i run my tele with a qp bridge into my jcm 800 and it sounds great!! nice defined tone with a great top end and thick mids

Leave a comment:

• kevlar3000
    replied

Man I love that combo. I had to do some tweaking to my RI Plexi to really get a nice fullness with a Tele but it is perhaps my favorite combo. I love it to death!! I use either a Jerry Donahue or lately I have a Virtual Tele going. Both are great the DZ is a humbucker but is almost identical to a s-coil, which I love. This track was done with a JD through my Plexi. Drum machine and not the real deal as I have been useing lately, but I dig the tune. Just a lil rocker in D.
    The Teleplex....

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

You are speaking my language bro

I have a tune on the clips page with this tele and my new plexi. I have a strat hot stack in the neck position and a custom shop bg1400 in the bridge.
    On my soundclick page, I have tele/marshall tunes posted. I just removed a few tele tunes but have more if you would like to hear them. The equipment used is in the description of each tune.
    my soundclick page

The tele hot rails can really rock if you want heavier sound. The bg1400 can really get a nice edge when distorted. I can get a really nice clean tone through my plexi RI also.
    A stock tele pickup sounds cool too. It can crunch with a lot of definition and very tight bottom end.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkman
    replied

Andy Summers used to in the mid 80's with the Police. I have a Tele, but no Marshall. So, I can't speak from personal experience. But, I do like Andy Summers tone on early Police tunes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X