banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140812_184306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5780481
    I wanted a "clean single coil" guitar since most of my guitars have humbuckers so I decided to try Lace sensors since they sound really good clean and they have less hum than traditional single coils. I wasn't able to find a strat style guitar with a maple neck so I bought an Ibanez RX60. It ends up the RX60 had a ply body and was badly painted so I opted to start over with a new body. I was surprised that the Lace's sound good distorted so I decided to expand my options. I'm going to install a on/on/on switch so I can use either of the bridge coils alone or in series with each other. This one will either be a H/S/S or H/S/H guitar if I can find another Lace Sensor for a reasonable price, in which case I would also wire the neck to do either coils or both in series. If I like it enough I might add a Artec QTA 4-way boost.

Parts List:
    Dark purple body unknown wood from Guitarfetish on closeout $18.50.
    Maple Ibanez RX60 neck
    2 500K pots Volume & Tone
    Cast chrome strat tremolo
    5-way switch
    on/on/on mini toggle for the bridge
    Lace Red Sensor Back-Bridge
    Lace Blue Sensor Front-Bridge
    Lace Silver Middle
    Lace Gold Neck
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 08-12-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Name:	20140818_183514.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5780570

A little bit further along. I would still like to turn this guitar into a H/S/H configuration since the flat pickup adapter I have for the neck position doesn't look great. I'm thinking I will also skip the tone control and put a Artec QTA 4 way boost in there instead. The top on this guitar is abnormally thick so I will need to countersink the pots.

I still need to find:
      1 x 500K volume pot
      1 x on/on/on switch
      6 x bridge screws

Comment

W00T! The "Black 'n' Blue Caster" is assembled, will post pics once I pick her up from the music store. Should be sometime this week (I hope) good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...
        Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

I also have abandoned the idea of refinishing Phoenix, instead I simply bought a guitar body in the desired color from Guitar Fetish. The yellow sparkle "Dano Flake" finish, it fits the neck I have and will keep me from going insane trying to find time to do all the stuff I've got planned.
          Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

• It's a Warmoth Telemaster alder body, with the guts of my Squier Vintage Modified Tele installed in it. Broadcaster bridge pickup in a Callaham bridge, with a Vintage for Tele neck pickup. 250K pots, and a .05uF Luxe capacitor. Standard 3 way switching. A black pearl pick guard is on the way.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I have been sheeting out this beast with plywood. So far so good.

Comment

^ ^ What'cha gonna do in there ??
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                  ^ ^ What'cha gonna do in there ??
                  I have to make it into a 2 bedrooms and a big lounge. That's my current workshop but my family needs more room. I have another space for my tools lined up i just need to cement a slab and add some walls/doors etc.

Its a shame i wont have the money to do the ceiling at the same time. It already cost me around $1000 just in ply wood. I Need to do something with the slab too, was hoping maybe a stain and sealer but i haven't investigated it yet.

Lucky my brother is an electrician otherwise i wouldn't be able to do it. All the fittings like the fans, lights, switches and fuse boxes adds up to $700

Its a nice shed 7x11mm, its basically like a steel framed house.
                  Last edited by kramersteen; 08-21-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Just got the pickguard today. I think it's perfect
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                    Originally posted by Securb
                    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post

Just got the pickguard today. I think it's perfect
                      Looks gorgeous trevorus!!!

Comment

This is all at the moment.

I only design and kit build right now. This is one of seven to be lined up for some extreme metal shredding.

Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

My build is coming along too. Almost done half of the walls. Turns out its really hard to do long straight cuts with the saw bench so i am doing it with the handsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Surge Instruments View Post
                            Here's a few recent builds all loaded with Duncans!
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]55631[/ATTACH]
                            I really like that shape.

Comment

Just finished this one. I call it the "Swampcaster".

It was given to me by a friend (well, bartered.....sorta).
                              Had a beat up body, but it was actually very acoustic and sounded pretty good amplified despite the sh!tty squire singles.

Though it would be a cool project for a weathered barn wood type feel. Replaced the pickups with Fender Tex-Mex's I had laying around.
                              Reshaped the CBS headstock. Reliced the neck a bit.
                              For something that cost me <$30 in supplies, I'm pretty happy with it.
                              Definitely gave me some good experience I'll be using for some upcoming "rustic" builds.

Name:	Swampcaster6.JPG
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	5780702Click image for larger version

Name:	Swampcaster7.JPG
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	5780703Click image for larger version

Name:	Swampcaster8.JPG
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	5780704

Name:	Swampcaster1.JPG
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	5780697Click image for larger version

Name:	Swampcaster2.JPG
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	5780698Click image for larger version

Name:	Swampcaster3.JPG
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	5780699

Name:	Swampcaster4.JPG
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	5780700Click image for larger version

Name:	Swampcaster5.JPG
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	5780701

Comment

PRS is still a WIP......

-Body: 1 piece black limba (2" thick)
                                -Neck: 1 piece honduran mahogany
                                -Fingerboard: 1 piece pau ferro
                                -25" scale

Comment

Working...
                                X