banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Some cool projects on here. I don't have any pics at the moment but am about finish a Strat parts guitar.

Ingredients are: US made pea soup green body, all-parts rosewood neck, Fender staggered tuners, Seymour Duncan bridge HB, G&L single coils in the mid & neck positions, highway 1 bridge w/bent steel saddles, highway 1 neck plate & screws, & various other US parts to complete the package.

Should make a killer Strat once its done. I did the basic assembly but have my favorite tech doing the fine tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      My les Paul burst 'clone'
      THAT is beautiful!! Well done!
      There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
        that's a nice lookin axe duder. why do you not have a super distortion in the bridge?
        Because my Super D. is in the bridge of my 73 Les Paul. That's a Tone Zone. There WILL be a SuperD in there….
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Chocklit_Thunda View Post
          THAT is beautiful!! Well done!
          Thanks man!

I've been hanging out over at the Luthiers Corner on MLP, so I've been going all corksniffer on wood, binding, inlays and various plastics

Comment

Current project is this Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy It came with Emg 81/85 set , not my thing really. Ebony board 24 3/4 scale 24 crowded frets which you were unable to reach, Took a planer to it and hacked off wood on the heel. Thinking about putting mini humbuckers in it , definitely going to recess route the Floyd. Those pups came out of my last complete rebuild an Epi Dot Deluxe and they just are not good, supposed to be classic 57s not remotely close.
            Originally posted by Oinkus
            I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

I built a replica of a strat that I really liked: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-Strat-Project

but I wasn't happy with the color body, so I'm in the process and getting another one, and unloading the previous body. check that link for all the pics and stuff!
              Last edited by Kais; 06-02-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I realized I have a 4th project on hold. My Les Paul needs a little work...

First and foremost it needs a refret. I had it leveled a few years ago, but the tech screwed up something because it's fretting out again. Planning to have it refretted with 6150SS and have it plek'd. Second I need to completely rewire it as I stole the pots for longcat's LP. I have a pair of zebra 4-conductor '59s, four 500K push-pulls, and .015/.022 orange drops, so I'm going to try Jimmy Page wiring 50s style.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
                  Current project is this Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy It came with Emg 81/85 set , not my thing really. Ebony board 24 3/4 scale 24 crowded frets which you were unable to reach, Took a planer to it and hacked off wood on the heel. Thinking about putting mini humbuckers in it , definitely going to recess route the Floyd. Those pups came out of my last complete rebuild an Epi Dot Deluxe and they just are not good, supposed to be classic 57s not remotely close.
                  Nice work on the heel. You gonna refinish that bit of it and blend it with the neck?

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                  I built a replica of a strat that I really liked: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-Strat-Project

but I wasn't happy with the color body, so I'm in the process and getting another one, and unloading the previous body. check that link for all the pics and stuff!
                  I've been following your progress! Looking forward to seeing what happens with it, although when it was "complete", it did look reeeeeeeeeal nice!

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  I realized I have a 4th project on hold. My Les Paul needs a little work...

First and foremost it needs a refret. I had it leveled a few years ago, but the tech screwed up something because it's fretting out again. Planning to have it refretted with 6150SS and have it plek'd. Second I need to completely rewire it as I stole the pots for longcat's LP. I have a pair of zebra 4-conductor '59s, four 500K push-pulls, and .015/.022 orange drops, so I'm going to try Jimmy Page wiring 50s style.
                  that's purty man. what's with that red bit on the lower bout by the controls? Is a cherryburst that faded everywhere else but there?

Comment

It is sanded to 800 grit and Tung oiled just has a spot of epoxy where I found the dern neck pocket. No matter what anyone says a high end Epi is not close to a Gibson but they can be nice. Its a mahogany body so it just looks grainy it is smooth as silk. I am not much on refinishing paint unless it is on a house something flat square and easy.
                    Originally posted by Oinkus
                    I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                      Thanks man!

I've been hanging out over at the Luthiers Corner on MLP, so I've been going all corksniffer on wood, binding, inlays and various plastics
                      Definitely worth the corksniffery! I have yet to try a burst myself but if I can get it looking close to what you have here, I'll be happy. I don't have the advantage of being in the US of A or close by so shipping usually kills me. Corksniffing isn't an option for me... I work with what I can get.
                      Again congrats! Very nice guitar indeed!
                      There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Comment

that's purty man. what's with that red bit on the lower bout by the controls? Is a cherryburst that faded everywhere else but there?
                        I don't have the guitar here to compare, but I'm 95% sure that's just lighting in the pic; I remember the burst being pretty even generally. I'm the original owner, and I've never left it sitting in the sun or anything.

On an unrelated note, I mounted the new neck on the Tele tonight and it plays great. I may have to go up to 11s since the 10s feel a bit loose compared to my other guitars.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Build 1 (almost complete):

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackEsquire-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	5777791

The design for build 2:

All I have so far are the black/white EJ Custom pickups and the three-ply, 8-hole pickguard (the single-ply, five-hole guard was all that that the virtual builder had programmed).

Then there is Build #3, which is a build again, because I just sold the neck off of it in order to get one with different specs. unfortunately, this is the best pic I have at the moment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	13906086915_bd8f03e493_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	5777792
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I've been following your progress! Looking forward to seeing what happens with it, although when it was "complete", it did look reeeeeeeeeal nice!
                            Thanks! I'm going to need some tips from you, so be on the lookout for some pm's from me.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                              Build 1 (almost complete):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54699[/ATTACH]

The design for build 2:

All I have so far are the black/white EJ Custom pickups and the three-ply, 8-hole pickguard (the single-ply, five-hole guard was all that that the virtual builder had programmed).

Then there is Build #3, which is a build again, because I just sold the neck off of it in order to get one with different specs. unfortunately, this is the best pic I have at the moment:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54700[/ATTACH]
                              man, you like slime green, eh?

Also, that build#1 - is that a B-Bender with a Kahler?! you're a madman!

Comment

Found my TOM!

Still, need it in chrome….
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X