Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

    Originally posted by CTN View Post
    man, you like slime green, eh?

    Also, that build#1 - is that a B-Bender with a Kahler?! you're a madman!
    I do like green, a lot. But the translucent one is actually a see-through forest green, and the other one will just be a primary green, maybe a little on the darker side, more like British racing green, depending on what colors I can find locally. I have thought about a slime green guitar, though. Maybe one day...I think I'd like G&L's Margarita Metallic on a Legacy 2HB or Legacy Special, like in this pic:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ixyeit3rczozqvhl4rsg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	5777796

    That black one does indeed have a Kahler and a B Bender. The bender has three down-tuning levers on the E, A, and high E, which will allow me to quickly get into open G, double drop D, or plain drop D. And it has benders on the G and B (one palm, one hip, though I did order an extra palm lever so I can make it a double palm bender if I want to). The D string is the only one that does not connect to the bender, though I will be able to bend it with the Kahler arm, I suppose (not that I would ever want to). I can also bypass the bender entirely, and just string up the Kahler like a Kahler is normally strung up. The guitar itself has a 1-1/2" thick sugar pine body and a '68-style veneer maple-cap neck with an extra-wide nut.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 06-04-2014, 07:12 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

      Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      I don't have the guitar here to compare, but I'm 95% sure that's just lighting in the pic; I remember the burst being pretty even generally. I'm the original owner, and I've never left it sitting in the sun or anything.

      On an unrelated note, I mounted the new neck on the Tele tonight and it plays great. I may have to go up to 11s since the 10s feel a bit loose compared to my other guitars.
      I'm visiting my folks and it just so happens that I've been storing the LP here while longcat and I work on some repair / remodel work at home. I had a few minutes, so I opened the case and grabbed a pic:


      I've also decided to leave the Tele as-is. After giving it a few minutes to settle in, it's feeling more like I remember it.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

        I'm itching to do a "black beauty" style Tele Deluxe. Something like this, but with pearl block inlays and maybe a matching headstock:


        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

          Originally posted by FretFire View Post
          I'm itching to do a "black beauty" style Tele Deluxe. Something like this, but with pearl block inlays and maybe a matching headstock:


          Have to put 3 pups in it !!!! Black headstock would be really nice too.
          Originally posted by Oinkus
          I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	5777809
            I'm working on an 8 string fanned fret build ,Paduak body with Bubinga stripes - neck is Iroko with Paduak stripes
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0725.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5777810
            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

              Holy **** balls ^^

              What bridge are you going to use? Have you seen those kahler fanned fret bridges?

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]54741[/ATTACH]
                I'm working on an 8 string fanned fret build ,Paduak body with Bubinga stripes - neck is Iroko with Paduak stripes
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]54742[/ATTACH]
                I'm using Padauk myself on my next build! Looks sweet! I have yet to play a fanned fretter.

                And I agree with 'Steen, those multiscale Khalers are sexy
                Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                  As I said before, some great builds in this thread.

                  I just got my latest one back from my tech - the one I mentioned a few posts back. Basically I wanted to build an all US Strat for as little as possible, but something that of course played well. So my build consists of the ex-Kahler routed US re-painted body I bought online, a mighty-mite 22 fret neck (the only non US part of the guitar) I bought on CL, US electronics including G&L single coils and a SD humbucker in the bridge.
                  It also has a phase switch and bass and treble knobs, instead of the standard Strat tone knobs. Bridge is from a Highway 1, as well as the neck plate. Claw & springs, tuners, and jack plate are from a US standard. I had my tech do the finally tweaking on it (dig the crazy saddle placement) as it was a a combo if many parts from many guitars and was not easy to throw together.
                  Turned out pretty sick though, has low action and a bunch of different tones available. Pretty light guitar too, though not like balsa or anything.

                  And, the entire guitar cost considerably less than say a new MIM Strat. It's a not a 'better' guitar though, just different.


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload (20).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5777812Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload (21).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	5777813

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                    Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54741[/ATTACH]
                    I'm working on an 8 string fanned fret build ,Paduak body with Bubinga stripes - neck is Iroko with Paduak stripes
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54742[/ATTACH]
                    badass dude. looking forward to seeing it take shape!

                    Originally posted by stringbender11 View Post
                    As I said before, some great builds in this thread.

                    I just got my latest one back from my tech - the one I mentioned a few posts back. Basically I wanted to build an all US Strat for as little as possible, but something that of course played well. So my build consists of the ex-Kahler routed US re-painted body I bought online, a mighty-mite 22 fret neck (the only non US part of the guitar) I bought on CL, US electronics including G&L single coils and a SD humbucker in the bridge.
                    It also has a phase switch and bass and treble knobs, instead of the standard Strat tone knobs. Bridge is from a Highway 1, as well as the neck plate. Claw & springs, tuners, and jack plate are from a US standard. I had my tech do the finally tweaking on it (dig the crazy saddle placement) as it was a a combo if many parts from many guitars and was not easy to throw together.
                    Turned out pretty sick though, has low action and a bunch of different tones available. Pretty light guitar too, though not like balsa or anything.

                    And, the entire guitar cost considerably less than say a new MIM Strat. It's a not a 'better' guitar though, just different.


                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54751[/ATTACH]
                    Nice man. That's the great thing about strats. Parts are easy to find in a huge variety and they somehow aren't difficult to jam together in a build. Congrats!

                    Can't say I'm a fan of the pea soup/snot green though!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                      Thanks man. Yeah I wasn't originally a fan of the color either, lol. But I got the body for $75 so I figured I'd live it. Built up though and in person it looks pretty cool.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                        Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                        Holy **** balls ^^

                        What bridge are you going to use? Have you seen those kahler fanned fret bridges?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	5777822

                        Having my own single string bridge design machined this week ,this is a prototype I made from Aluminium coz it's easy to work with - the real ones will be steel ,I love the feel of a Floyd Rose for palm muting and having the string locked can only help with tuning stability ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
                        https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                          A lot of nice stuff every one! Hay ChAoZ, keep us up to date on that build. Looks very cool, as well as those individual bridges. They remind me of Ralph Novak's individual bridges that he uses, except his aren't locking. Would also be cool if they had fine tuners.
                          Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                          If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                            yeah cool idea with the floyd saddles and i agree they do feel good under the hand.

                            I did plan to make a fanned fret but i dont think i am ready.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                              Originally posted by FretFire View Post
                              I'm itching to do a "black beauty" style Tele Deluxe.

                              Here's a better mock-up.


                              After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Tele Deluxe 739 mod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	5777838
                                I replaced the pickguard and put JB humbucker and Stacked P-90 and had all the pots changed out, it works well for my needs, I didn't like the Fender P-UPs, a little closer to my 55/77 LP set up...

                                SD - 59 Humbucker and new electronics, my go to axe
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X