Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That90'sGuy
    replied
    Re: Holy Best NGD Ever (No Exaggeration)

Fantastic work Mike! Jordan, I know you're gonna rawk it so congrats on a truly remarkable instrument

Leave a comment:

• SJ318
    replied

XSSIVE,
    Thank you,
    Sorry about your dad, My grandfather died the same way. I was lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with him as a kid. His car and my dad's car were raked w/machine gun bullets at Pearl Harbor, and the army confiscated both their cars as "War Evidence". Never saw the cars again.
    I kinda did the same thing with a very beat up les paul Jr. shaped pos. I had it re-painted (trans-red over mahogany), put in a special MJ made Seth L. pickup, original early '60's abr, stoptail beat up nice and cool nickel parts. Put my Granddads' War Medal (for Heroism at Pearl Harbor) on the front of my strap, my dad's Lt.Col. emblem from his "hat" and his Wings incorporated on the front of my guitar. I call the guitar The Col. after my dad. It works and looks great, very respectful. It is my go-to non Vibrato guitar. Over my LP Custom '66, even.
    Thanks and beautiful work. It is so pretty it hurts!
    Respectfully,
    SJB

Leave a comment:

• Empty Pockets
    replied

Dig it. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Very classy..& that rosewood neck looks incredible.. happy NGD

Leave a comment:

• Drunken Bowling
    replied

That's a good looking guitar!

Leave a comment:

• BTMN
    replied

Gentlemen, that there is a work of guitar art! MMMM Flamey Goodness!

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

sweet

Leave a comment:

• Agileguy_101
    replied

This is undoubtedly the finest guitar I've ever played, both from a playability and tonal perspective. It's just like a slice of heaven strung from my shoulders. I'll try for a full review tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DarkMatter
    replied

It's like a tele but sexy. Quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• rjudo
    replied

WOW! Another home run, Mike! That is just beautiful. Man, I gotta have you build me one of these.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

That's a Gorgeous Tele! Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

Man....always a pleasure to look at work of yours, great stuff Mike!!
    Happy new guitar Agile!

Leave a comment:

• skyydogg01
    replied

Beautiful guitar!!! The only thing I'm not absolutely fond of is the switch placement ... and I can live with that!

Great work XSSIVE!!
    Congrats Agile_guy

Leave a comment:

• XSSIVE
    replied

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
    I am embarrassed to ask, but who is this Mike fellow? I see his name now and again on this forum.
    Also, I see this mentioned with guitars and I can't figure it out: "JD". Feel like a fool, but I must ask out of curiosity. Thanks in advance.
    SJ
    That'd be me.

The body shape is my own design and it's named the "JD" after my father who I lost a few years ago to bladder cancer. Since he's the reason I'm capable of working with tools of any fashion he deserved the thank you in naming the guitar shape after him. All my guitars are named with years (1950, 1954, 1981 etc) so this one is technically the 1942 (father's birth year) but I always call it the "JD" since that's the name it started with. It can be done any way you can think up, as a Floyded hot rod like DA.001 or a fancier version like DA.003 on my site, as a crazy custom mix of ideas like Jordan's, as a traditional T style with ashtray bridge and control plate (have one of them on deck), as a LP with 4 knobs and an upper bout toggle and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Jocelyn
    replied

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
    I am embarrassed to ask, but who is this Mike fellow? I see his name now and again on this forum.
    Also, I see this mentioned with guitars and I can't figure it out: "JD". Feel like a fool, but I must ask out of curiosity. Thanks in advance.
    SJ
    Post no. 9. XSSIVE is Mike.

Very Nice looking Guitar.. Congrats Agileguy .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X