No announcement yet.

Holy Best NGD Ever (No Exaggeration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy Best NGD Ever (No Exaggeration)

It's like a tele but sexy. Quite nice.

Comment

This is undoubtedly the finest guitar I've ever played, both from a playability and tonal perspective. It's just like a slice of heaven strung from my shoulders. I'll try for a full review tonight.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

sweet

Comment

Gentlemen, that there is a work of guitar art! MMMM Flamey Goodness!
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

That's a good looking guitar!

Comment

Very classy..& that rosewood neck looks incredible.. happy NGD
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Dig it. Congrats.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

XSSIVE,
                  Thank you,
                  Sorry about your dad, My grandfather died the same way. I was lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with him as a kid. His car and my dad's car were raked w/machine gun bullets at Pearl Harbor, and the army confiscated both their cars as "War Evidence". Never saw the cars again.
                  I kinda did the same thing with a very beat up les paul Jr. shaped pos. I had it re-painted (trans-red over mahogany), put in a special MJ made Seth L. pickup, original early '60's abr, stoptail beat up nice and cool nickel parts. Put my Granddads' War Medal (for Heroism at Pearl Harbor) on the front of my strap, my dad's Lt.Col. emblem from his "hat" and his Wings incorporated on the front of my guitar. I call the guitar The Col. after my dad. It works and looks great, very respectful. It is my go-to non Vibrato guitar. Over my LP Custom '66, even.
                  Thanks and beautiful work. It is so pretty it hurts!
                  Respectfully,
                  SJB

Comment

Fantastic work Mike! Jordan, I know you're gonna rawk it so congrats on a truly remarkable instrument
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Holy Sh*t, that is dead sexy... congrats!!

Comment

I like the bridge pup out on its own,

How you you adjust the height on it?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the props on the build, Jordan came up with a lot of cool ideas and I threw a few of mine at him and together they turned into a real cool guitar.

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                          XSSIVE,
                          Thank you,
                          Sorry about your dad, My grandfather died the same way. I was lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with him as a kid. His car and my dad's car were raked w/machine gun bullets at Pearl Harbor, and the army confiscated both their cars as "War Evidence". Never saw the cars again.
                          I kinda did the same thing with a very beat up les paul Jr. shaped pos. I had it re-painted (trans-red over mahogany), put in a special MJ made Seth L. pickup, original early '60's abr, stoptail beat up nice and cool nickel parts. Put my Granddads' War Medal (for Heroism at Pearl Harbor) on the front of my strap, my dad's Lt.Col. emblem from his "hat" and his Wings incorporated on the front of my guitar. I call the guitar The Col. after my dad. It works and looks great, very respectful. It is my go-to non Vibrato guitar. Over my LP Custom '66, even.
                          Thanks and beautiful work. It is so pretty it hurts!
                          Respectfully,
                          SJB
                          Thanks. Sounds like a very cool tribute guitar you did too!

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                          I like the bridge pup out on its own,

How you you adjust the height on it?
                          It adjusts like a P90 or Tele neck pickup, the wood screws (actually uses 3 tele neck pickup screws) have little pieces of rubber tubing that will compress and expand under the pickup to raise or lower it. Same way I do "direct mount" humbuckers and singles, on them I use a little piece of sticky back foam so that you're not stuck with true direct mount and no adjustment at all. It's the best of both world, clean look of no rings yet still gives you some adjustment to fine tune things.
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Ridiculous! Another fantastic guitar Mike.

Enjoy it Jordan!
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Great work as usual .
                              Originally posted by dominus
                              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

If I was the kind of guy that could only own one guitar, I would have no qualms about parting with the rest of my guitars because the JD is just beyond any of them. It's the first guitar that I've actually used the tone knob on. I love being able to get nice bite-y, twangy Tele tones with the tone full up and then take treble off without ever getting wooly or muddy, in either the bass or the treble. With the tone knob on 5-6 I get a great humbucker approximation but with just a hint of that tele bite. And the neck pickup is just fantastic - it contrasts perfectly with the bridge. Round, fat, and full, but with that P90 snarl and bite that I feel is only enhanced by the unusual neck wood combination.

I can't believe how resonant this guitar is. On most guitars I've played, there's been the required choice of either low action or resonance, and only rarely do I get both. But on this guitar the action is incredibly low but the guitar rings like a bell. The neck feels perfect in my hands - the raw rosewood and ebony is unbelievably fast, and the shape and thickness of the neck are just perfect for my hands. The stainless frets make this an incredibly slick ride. This guitar is the culmination of everything I've ever liked in a guitar with nothing I don't.

I love that even with just a switch, a volume and tone, and a coil tap, this is easily more versatile than my guitars with far more complex wiring schemes. I think that there's at least a few tones in here for everyone, and more than enough to keep me happy forever.
                                Custom neck-thru strat
                                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                                1995 PRS CE24
                                D'avanzo #8
                                Breedlove Solo Concert
                                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
                                X