Advice needed - guitar fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed - guitar fx

Ok, i realise zoom fx are rubbish, i had a zoom 707 four days b4 i sold it on, but im now considering buying korg AX1500G multi-effect. What are your views on this model or korg effects in general? Cheers. Doogz
    Last edited by Dooogz; 04-10-2004, 03:39 PM.
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Re: Advice needed - guitar fx

I know it sounds old school but you really can't go wrong with individual pedals if you have an amp with series effects loops (two channels) you can get 4 different tone settings 2 with effects 2 without if you don't have the loop then an a/b switch is the ticket. I have owned both of the multi-effects units you mentioned and currently have a digitech rp200 I really like the sounds for practice but like all of the multi-units I've owned the plastic parts are starting to give me trouble and I don't gig with them. I'll admit for occasional jamming the multi's can't be beat but in the long run you want somthing that's going to be reliable........

Comment

The Korg stuff in general is good, the lower line stuff is kinda targeted towards the teenagers first do everything multi effect, and they are descent at it (albeit a bit cheesy at times)(like the Korg AX-1G or B, that they used to make), now the things like the AX-1000, or 1500 or whatever the current stuff, those are a lot better, I've got an old G3 that I love, much, much simplier, but some really good sounds, with a descent amp, you could cover just about any gig with a minimalist approach, although it's a bit fragile. There rotary speaker simulator that they made in that same series was great, never should have stopped making it ... And Of course I kick myself for not buying one when I had the chance ... In general their stuff is pretty good all the way around ... Their old rack multi's where great. I haven't heard any of the zoom racks to compare, but you weren't asking about that anyway.
      Tone is always a personal consideration at best, as far as ease of use, features, and being well built, and reliable the Korg stuff rates pretty high.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

If you're looking for straight-up multi effects/modelling, you can try the Korg PXR4, which I love using for sitting-around-the-house playing. If you need something more robust for gigging, try the Boss GT-6.

Nothing will beat good overdrive, boost, wah, delay, & cet. pedals tho.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I used to use upper line Digitech "floorboards", top notch. But I sold it all together with my rack a few years back because I was "overloading" my tone with effects.

I am VERY interested in the new GNX-4, but 600 Bucks may be out of your range
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
          X