How is the Marshall AVT series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How is the Marshall AVT series?

Yeh i definitly recmmend getting a 2nd hand DSL 50, and the 50 watt AVTs are no-where near as loud as the DSL 50s... IMO the DSLs are much much better value and Sound infinitly better....
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

I have never been a fan of solid state amps emulated tube or no. For a couple hundred dollars more you can purchase a sweet amp I demo'd the other day its called an Alessandro Working dog and comes in three models the boxer.rotweiler and doberman the one I tried was the doberman model 40 watt combo alltube el34's with a 12'' celestion point to point wiring and reverb all I can say is sweet my strat never had it so good sounds like an old friend......

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
        HI guys i ornigally planned on getting a mesa boogie 50 watt recto head with a 2x12 cab
        Funny you should mention that because I have a Boogie 50W rectoverb head with a Marshall 1960AX. AWESOME tones but it took me 2 years to save up for it... I've got a pic
        Last edited by B2D; 04-13-2004, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
          Well the good thng about the AVT 50 is its not very expensive and is VERY AFFORDABLE. ut is it gig worthy and enought o play ina band with? BTW im talking about an AVT50 head with the AVT 412 cabinet.
          i have an AVT 50 and like it, its great for home playing and can keep up with a band as (a nice balance). not a bad amp for the price

mines actually going up for sale if your interested, PM me (sorry about the spam)

Comment

Working...
          X