Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffled sound

I need some advice on achieving more clarity in my sound. I have a Schecter
    guitar, a Boss distortion pedal, and a Pignose 60 watt tube amp. I find that my sound is a little muffled at times, and was thinking about investing in an equalizer. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Re: Muffled sound

Originally posted by C. Snake
    I need some advice on achieving more clarity in my sound. I have a Schecter
    guitar, a Boss distortion pedal, and a Pignose 60 watt tube amp. I find that my sound is a little muffled at times, and was thinking about investing in an equalizer. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    whats kinda pickups are in the guitar?

Comment

The pickups are Duncan Designed pickups. I have already considered upgrading the pickups because I like the feel of the guitar. I'm still not sure on which pickups. Is this my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by C. Snake
        The pickups are Duncan Designed pickups. I have already considered upgrading the pickups because I like the feel of the guitar. I'm still not sure on which pickups. Is this my problem?
        well, it could be, but i dont think it is, its most likely the amp. the schecter guitars i've played never sound muffled when i play them, so just tweak the controls a little on your amp, and if that doesnt work, try an equalizer or a different amp. if you have a friend with a different amp, try the guitar on theirs and see if it sounds better. good luck

Comment

Pignose amps, while known for their versatility, aren't really very well known for their tone. I think you should try your setup with some different amps and see what you like.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks for the advice . I have tried a boss equalizer and my sound is more clear and has more punch.

Comment

The Schecter I played at Guitar Center the other day sounded muddier than anything I've ever played before in my life -- and that was on the Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck! So my opinion of them is less-than good...maybe get a guitar with more natural brightness, like Jackson or Fender?
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
              X