banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

Well, at least he's one of my favorite and greatest guitar players of all time. One does not have to play a guitar one thousand miles per hour to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time. One does not really have to be inventive nor innovative and do things no others have not done to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time. In my personal opinion, to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time.......you really just got to be "you" and play for the song. I personally think that Don Felder is one of the greatest guitar players of all time because he always played for the song, and although he and I play nothing alike, that is one thing that I learned from him. Play for the song!! At the end of the day, that's really what it is about, and what it should be about. http://www.felderfans.com/
    Last edited by JOLLY; 06-03-2015, 05:30 PM.

Re: This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

I had the pleasure of hearing Don play "Hotel California" with Jimmy Vivino and the Basic Cable Band. I turned to my wife and said, "He plays it just like the guy on the record!"
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Re: This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

From what I read on the Q&A, he still plays it somewhat the same way, but live. I think it's awesome the way he modified his doubleneck Gibson to have two inputs.......the six string running to one amp for leads, and the 12 string running into a leslie or something like that.

Comment

That was great. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I would also like to point out just one of the reasons why Eagles were so badass besides his guitar playing and songwriting abilities.......What a great voice the the guy has

Comment

It blows my mind that he gets the tones that he does out of those amps. I don't think I could do that. That dude right there actually does have those fingers that can "squeeze" an amazing tone out of an amp that a dude like me couldn't do. The guy has got fingers, and it makes so much sense with Don Felder.

Comment

Years ago when I was a kid. I once read a quote from Joe Walsh. Now, you got to realize how badass Joe Walsh is. He's got his own mind, and can jam. Sh!t, he kicked ass in the James Gang. Anyways, I can't remember if I read it or heard it on the radio, but I once remember readiog or hearing Joe Walsh state that he learned more about guitar from Don Felder than he'd known up until that point in his life. I've always thought that was some major "props" right there

Comment

I just recently saw him.

He was opening for Styx and Foreigner.

Comment

Love Felder! huge fan of his! Ain't been an Eagles fan since he left!
                  Seems so genuine as well. And boy can he tear a guitar up! Some of his licks tie my fingers in knots when I attempt them.

Comment

Originally posted by LogicallyInsane View Post
                    Ain't been an Eagles fan since he left
                    I can't tell you why, no pun intended, but I completely agree with you.

Comment

Takin' A Ride (Heavy Metal)
                      All Of You

great tunes off the Heavy Metal soundtrack

Comment

Wow, 300 guitars. I wonder where / how he stores them all.

Felder is in my top 5 influences. When I have a light overdrive going, I'm often copying Felder. The fact that he doesn't play lightning fast solos only serves to emphasize how much he can make his guitars speak, the notes ring out with an unmistakable character. He doesn't just 'bend the strings', he pushes the feeling right out of them, and that sounds corny but I'm serious. His pick attack is also remarkably varied and artful compared to a lot of other guitarists. I'm in a minority apparently when I wonder why Eric Clapton is considered the "guitar god" of that genre, I've always thought Felder deserved the title so long as it was being handed out, if only for Hotel California, not to mention the rest of his output. His live playing is also killer. I liked collecting Eagles live recordings just to see how Felder was going to mix things up in the different performances.

After hearing both sides in interviews and in the Eagles doc, I don't blame the Eagles for parting ways with him. The lead singers get to call the shots, people buy albums for the singer, but he seemed to think he was at the level of the lead singers business-wise, and that was naive. I'm glad he's doing his own thing, but I have to admit upon my last listen I wasn't really sold on it. I'm glad he's making a new album and staying active, one of the Eagles' complaints about him was that he was too inactive throughout the 80's as a solo act and during the 90's reunion years. I hope some day there will be a tour of his massive guitar collection, that would be a fun watch.

Comment

I just got an email from MJ: Hi MJ,

Thank you so much for forwarding the email from John Jolly. I truly appreciate people taking the time and effort to express how they feel about my work. I think more than anything that is what drives us all. Not the money, the fame, the image etc. but the need to feel appreciated in whatever we are doing. The love of music and being able to make people happy and share the joy of music is what has driven me my entire life.

I'd like to personally thank John Jolly, Evan Skopp, Voggin, Mallowpuff, LogicallyInsane, LLL, DreX, for their kind and supportive words. I would like to suggest that DreX pick up a copy of my autobiography, if he hasn’t already, for a little more insight into what was going on. Might open an eye or two.

Thank you all for sending your support and know that it has inspired me to no end.

Cheers,

Don Felder

Comment

Now that is as cool as his playing!

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                              I'm in a minority apparently when I wonder why Eric Clapton is considered the "guitar god" of that genre.

Clapton earned that title in the 1960's in the Bluesbreakers and Cream. He hasn't played like that since then.
                              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
                              X