banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

Jeez I would have worded my post 1000 times better if I knew Don Felder was going to actually read it. I feel like a jerk for saying anything disparaging at all. As soon as I stop feeling ashamed of myself, I'll feel excited like I should. I did order his book and disc though... my interest has been piqued, to say the least.

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    He hasn't played like that since then.
    I wonder why not, because he can't or doesn't want to?

Comment

Re: This Is A Great Q&A If You're Into One Of The Greatest Guitar Players Of All Time

Wow! Don Felder named me! Holy Crap! Holy CRAP!

Jolly, you're the best! I think it's great that MJ passed on your post to Mr. Felder. And it was very generous of him to respond as he did.

I'm about an inch taller today!

Comment

Man! I feel bad.. I should have said how much I loved his playing..

I really did. Just wish I was 70 rows closer..

Only thing I didn't like about it was that all he had was a small curtain like thing behind him with the huge foreigner sign sticking out behind on both ends..

I feel so happy he actually wrote my username!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
          I wonder why not, because he can't or doesn't want to?

With many guitarists, the fire burns brightest with the passion and energy of youth.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Too Cool.
            "Scalloped & Stickered"
            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Always thought the Eagles were akin to a great meal. Frey, Meisner and Henley were the protein, starch and the veg. Felder and Walsh the salt, pepper and awesome sauce that elevated the dish to out of this world levels of yummy.

Comment

Ugh, this thread got certified as spectacular a million times over when FREAKIN DON FELDER gave his insight personally. Wish i had posted earlier. Maybe I still have chance...? Haha, congrats jolly.
                Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
                Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
                At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

sigpic My guitars + better pics

Comment

Got to give Felder props for tone. I suppose I have liked more of what he has done, that I know of, than disliked.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                    Always thought the Eagles were akin to a great meal. Frey, Meisner and Henley were the protein, starch and the veg. Felder and Walsh the salt, pepper and awesome sauce that elevated the dish to out of this world levels of yummy.

You're on a diet now, right?
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Great thread and a great read Jolly! Thanks for sharing!! Don gets alot of acclaim, but is VERY under appreciated in the grand scheme. Meaning, player ratings and polls and such.. Its the flashy guys that get the props. Kinda the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.. But yeah, tasty tasty playing and epic writing! Reading the response you got, AND the interview makes me an even bigger fan cuz he seems to be quite nice as well.. WOW.
                      Last edited by BloodRose; 06-18-2015, 05:19 PM.
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                        I'm so glad you mentioned Joe Walsh. He is one of my favorite guitar players of all time and a really great guy to boot. Been through tough times, but came out a real genuine friend to music and musicians.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

This is one of the coolest things I've ever read. Jolly, MJ, Don, you guys all rule. Yeah, I've loved and appreciated The Eagles tones and Felder's playing since the 70s. He doesn't play solos, he composes them. I remember when Heavy Metal came out, that song and guitar tones blew me away. Actually pretty heavy for the time. The delay was hellacious, and that sound...so perfect.
                          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Thread of the year.
                            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Very weird necro post to bring up an awesome old thread.
                              Play more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by juliadavid
                                My kid is learning Guitar, now he wants to learn piano too. Isn't it hard for an 11-year old kid to learn both musical instruments at the same time? Although he has a good understanding of music since childhood, but still.
                                No. If he wants to learn let him (PhD in Cognitive Psychology, human learning & skill acquisition focus).
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X