banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any idears for what i should put under my amp so it wont shake the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any idears for what i should put under my amp so it wont shake the floor?

i made this box that picks my amp up 8 inches from the floor. when i turn my amp up it too much it shakes the floor through the whole house, and it vibrates the microphone and such so i can't get a good sound recording loud. (i can't get a good sound loud at all) i need something to put between my amp and the box.

i need some kind of pad that's made out of the same stuf as those moniter isolation pads. do you know where i can get it? any links?

thanks a lot!!

Re: any idears for what i should put under my amp so it wont shake the floor?

Have you tried killing the bass on your guitar amp? For me, when I cranked it, it was the bass that really made it do that.

Their might be stuff to put underneath it to make it not as effective, but turning the bass down will probably do wonders
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

My upstairs neighbor had a little Blues Jr and uncovered hardwood floors. He used an "ant mat" (weightlifting pad made of dense rubber/foam) with a layer of med.density foam and layered them underneath a piece of plywood. Kept things fairly quiet and very stable.
      Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

It is like cutting off too much bottomend in a hi-fi setup, lift the cab up until the bottom becomes more refined and less boomy.
        My 4x12 lives on a permanent basis upon and old 2x15 cab that is lying down on its side.
        Cleaned up the annoying bass.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my amp on a hardwood floor. And I took the cheap way out.

I went to a local carpet/rug store store and got thick rectangular cut offs for FREE from them. They were gonna throw them out anyway.....

I put a thick piece under the amp and no more probs with excessive noise....
          _

Comment

a few egg-cartons (these one with 30 places for eggs, i don't know the name, sorry) worked great for me.. maybe you should try it...

Comment

dont make it soo loud...
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                dont make it soo loud...
                the louder, the better. (most know this)

anyway, i don't turn it up that loud. maybe a third volume on clean and it starts shaking. about a fourth volume on drive...

i love a lot of bass. that's how i get a really good clean blues lead tone. if i don't have the bass up on the drive channel, it sounds thin.

AVTs are built with a tube preamp and a solid state power amp. they are supposed to simulate an all valve amp. the thing about it is, it doesn't sound like an all tube amp unless you turn it up really loud. at least to me it does...

hey dave, where can you buy those mats?

Comment

Borrowing from the "hi-fi" world, those little upside-down aluminum cones actually work great. By pin-pointing the weight of the speaker on four sharp points, you effectively make your amp seem like it weighs hundreds of thousand pounds. Unfortunately, since they're a audiophile device, they tend to be a bit over-priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
                    the louder, the better. (most know this)
                    thats opinion
                    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                    fender mim standard strat
                    peavey classic 30
                    johnson j-station
                    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                    yamaha f-310p acoustic
                    taylor 410 acoustic
                    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Plus a guitarcab is a tad heavy to get up on fout little spikes
                      The only way is to get up from the floor...really.
                      And turning up the mids all the way will also fatten up the sound, too much bass just muds up the sound.
                      But get a carpet under as they suggested

Comment

a dead body works too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Calx
                          a dead body works too.
                          what's a dead body?

by the way i have really thick shag carpet in my room

Comment

ur kidding about the dead body i hope?!?

younger siblings have exceptional results in my experience
                            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                            Crate VC-3112
                            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
                              what's a dead body?

by the way i have really thick shag carpet in my room
                              a rotting human corpse.

they make amp isolation pads

Comment

Working...
                              X