Found my "dream" guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my "dream" guitar!

This is weird. I've envisioned, for quite some time, building my "perfect" guitar. A simple, clean design, that emulated the look of an acoustic. Sitka Spruce top, with Mahogany sides and back. And just for the fun of it - a pair of Benedetto A6's.

So I'm looking for any and all info on Benedetto p'ups, and stumble across this: (Guild Benny 6.)

More info here.

The exact guitar that I've been pictureing in my mind.
    And at $6000.00, I'll resume my plan to build one.

Re: Found my "dream" guitar!

hahaha! nice guitar!

doesnt it suck when u finally find the guitar you have been dreaming of and its not a little overpriced for it would be a stretch, but $6000!
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Actually, from what I've read about Robert Benedetto, I don't think that its overpriced.

Just out of my price range.

Also, I hope no one takes my remark to think that I can math Benedetto's work. But maybe, at least build something "reasonably" close.

Edit: Wow . . . what a fruedian slip. Thats supposed to say "match" Benedetto's work.

Comment

Cool find. Seeing as that price is somewhat substancial, I fully agree with you in building one. :P

Comment

Looks like a great "Desert Island" guitar! I'd love a Bennedetto, but it's not in the cards, right now. I didn't know Guild was making similar designs. Honestly, the only Carvin guitars to grab my eye lately have been some of those thin acoustic w/humbucker types. Especially the Koa ones. Dang Carvin Catalogs! LOL
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

While I'm not sure I understand the "desert island" reference, your post made me aware of two things:

1. I have neither Guild or Carvin in my "manufacturers" links on my webpage. (Will fix tomorrow.)

2. The Carvin website has some very cool guitar wallpapers.

Comment

Working...
            X