X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JEM Ghost
    replied
    Re: NGD: NOS Ibanez Iceman ICT700

Wow, 200$ including a hard shell case... that's a no brainer indeed! A true bargain! I wish the 2nd hand market over here was a little more like the one in the USA, it's hard to find a bargain around here. I'm really glad you scored that guitar amigo! Have fun with it!

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Thanks! The lust for the Franken-Swirl RG565/550 Mutt I sold a few years back and running across the '87 DIY Headstock Neck bit me to. It's useless to resist The Dark Side you know.

These X Series Revivals are awesome guitars. 5 Piece Neck through and well made. This is the third one I've had - the prior ICT 700 Iceman and a Xiphos...they were all well made with no issues. This one was $200.00 plush shipping with Ibanez HSC so it was a no brainer. Easy to upgrade as well since they're fixed bridge/string through and the necks feel and play very nicely. Come with DiMarzios as well so really no need to do anything other than a set up if your good w/the D Activators.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-11-2017, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• metalchurch79
    replied

Thats a really unique guitar, I like it!
    For some reason at first I thought it said Super 70's pickups, which would be cool too. But either way, Im diggin it man! Getting some nice Ibanezesez in the arsenal, keep up the good work!

Ps youre not helping my lust for another old RG, but I forgive you.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Decided to take a slightly different approach; SWD Custom Shop Slash 4 Wire with Double Black Coils /GL Super V Trembucker 4 Wire to my usual DiMarzio 500k Push:Pull Volume for splitting and a Fender TBX Tone.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Oh well, never hurts to ask.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Definitely; not a fan of the D Activators. I like mids and meat in the tone rather than simply sizzle. Sorry; I don't actually do any recording so probably no clip.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Wow. I bet that changes the character. Clip forthcoming?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Out with the D Activators, in with a Slash Neck/Custom Shop MJ '78 Trembucker!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-08-2017, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The JEM Ghost
    replied

Congrats with your new axe!! Glad to see you were able to replace a guitar that you regretted selling!! I experienced how it feels to regret selling a certain guitar, so I know you must feel good about replacing it with another fine specimen! I'll always regret selling my Ibanez RG3120...given the small 2nd hand market over here there unfortunately is not much chance of getting another one in good condition. So I am glad to see you were able to replace one of your missed ones!! Have fun with it!!

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Had one of these in black a while back and was really impressed with it - enough to upgrade the pickups and electronics. As I often do; I sold it to fund something else and kind of missed it after it was gone.

Ran across this one and got a ridiculous deal on it (with HSC included) that I simply couldn't resist!!! Looks like it's never been played, not a scratch on it nor any visible fret wear.

First Year 2007 Ibanez ICT700: First ever production neck thru Iceman!!! 5 Piece Maple/Walnut Wizard II Neck Thru, String Thru Mahogany Body Wings, Gibraltar Bridge, DiMarzio D Activators...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-08-2017, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Gotcha on the DiMarzios; they were good pickups and certainly "stand out" but just not my style or tonal taste.

Thanks for the kind words on the guitar. I've tried an ICTVB and it was an awesome player as well. These X-Series pack a lot of bang for the buck but I couldn't resist a Neck Thru Iceman that plays and sets up as nicely as this one. Just a damn sweet playing guitar that looks, feels and sounds awesome. Highly recommend 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Welcome to the family. That Iceman is cool as hell. I have been thinking about a 3rd for a while but can't really justify it.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    what do you mean by demanding?? TBH, the only 2 dimarzios Ive ever tried that I like have been the Tone zone and the Super D. None of the others have felt right to me
    By demanding, I mean that you have to be really solid with your technique. There is no way to slop around with them. They put everything that you do correctly, right out there. Same with all your mistakes. Especially with palm mutes.
    They sort of remind me of the passive EMG HZ's in that respect.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Nice; glad you've got 'em sounding the way you want. I've got a Keeley Twilight Zone as well. Use to run it in front of my Marshall JMP 50W Combo through the Low Channel. Haven't used a pedal since I got the 5150.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X