X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demanic
    replied
    Re: NGD: NOS Ibanez Iceman ICT700

Finally got the D-Activators tuned in for a good rhythm sound. Took and scooped out the mids at about 1000hz in my Keeley modded MT-2. Perfect. Not shrill or thin or too bassy. Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    what do you mean by demanding?? TBH, the only 2 dimarzios Ive ever tried that I like have been the Tone zone and the Super D. None of the others have felt right to me
    Same here...LOVE the Tone Zone in both Maple and Rosewood Board Guitars and the Super D does pretty well overall as well as it's a "Classic" Pickup/Sound.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    You like the JB/Jazz set better than the D-Activators? I find the D-Activators to be very demanding pickups.
    what do you mean by demanding?? TBH, the only 2 dimarzios Ive ever tried that I like have been the Tone zone and the Super D. None of the others have felt right to me

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

I do. The D-Activators were different and cool in their own niche but I like Mids and a full sound which they just didn't have IMHO. Much more versatile with the change to Jazz/JB, DiMarzio Push/Pull Volume and Fender TBX Tone. It's also pretty much the same tone as my USACG Iceman which I love.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 02-29-2016, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

You like the JB/Jazz set better than the D-Activators? I find the D-Activators to be very demanding pickups.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Sounds SOOOOO MUCH BETTER with the Duncan's. Also upgraded Volume to DiMarzio 500k Push:Pull to split the HBs and the tone to a Fender TBX.

Apparently these pickups are overwound it a slightly different output and tone:

Seymour Duncan "Blackened JB" TB-4 - Overwound to 18.5K with dual rows of adjustable black nickel pole pieces and black "Seymour Duncan" logo. More growl and midrange warmth than the stock JB, but retains the expressive dynamics and incredible harmonic character of the original. Pickups were a Limited Custom Run for OEM.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 03-12-2016, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

D-Activators SOLD, EMG Hetfield Set was going in but when I tried them the bridge humbucker just didn't hit the strings. Love the EMG Het Set but def Gibson/Regular Spaced Pole-Pieces. I'll save 'em for a 24 3/4 Scale Future Acquisition. In go the Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB TB Dual Adjustable Pole-Piece Black Backs with a DiMarzio 500K Push:Pull Volume to Split and a Fender TBX Tone Control!!!

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 02-05-2016, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Nice VBTs!

Picked up a set of EMG James Hetfields for the ICT700. Had a set in another mahogany bodied guitar and thought they were amazing.

Leave a comment:

• El Supremo
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Like this?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]69573[/ATTACH]
    Yup, but in black with creme bevels:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez V Blade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5789800

Switched out the D-Activators for a X2N and Paf Pro combo. Sounds killer!

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Iceman's are cool. And it's surprising how comfortable they are in your lap when you're sittin' pickin'.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
    Congrats! I got the V-Blade myself. Also made in Indonesia with the same features. Solid stuff.
    Like this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5543.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	5789784

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    grrrrrrr. I'm getting iceman GAS..... Really want a totman, got a line on a used one...... MUST....... RESIST........ TEMPTATION!!!!
    Give in to the force...come to the dark side.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
    Congrats! I got the V-Blade myself. Also made in Indonesia with the same features. Solid stuff.
    Same X Series right? They are solid; got to play one of the V Blades locally and it felt exactly the same playable, comfortable and substantial! Post a pic.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

grrrrrrr. I'm getting iceman GAS..... Really want a totman, got a line on a used one...... MUST....... RESIST........ TEMPTATION!!!!

Leave a comment:

• El Supremo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X