Your opinions on a Ibanez JS 1000 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions on a Ibanez JS 1000 model

I have been thinking about picking one up. You guys have any feedback on it? I played one the other day, and I really liked the feel of the neck. I think I would put some Pearly Gates in it though. Any other recomendations?

Thanks
    Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
    VHT 2502
    (2) Randal XLT 4X12
    (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
    Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
    Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
    http://www.robertkeeley.com
    Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
    Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Re: Your opinions on a Ibanez JS 1000 model

1000s? Weren´t those the early ones also available in real chrome?? Always did kinda like the look of those.....

Uh Oh, I can feel my Rhoads Refinish taking on a bizarre new direction.....
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
      1000s? Weren´t those the early ones also available in real chrome?? Always did kinda like the look of those.....

I am actually looking at a 2003. It has a Black pearl type of finish. Haha! I think that is the name of the color, come to think of it.
      VHT 2502
      (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

I think the JS1000 is generally a great guitar. Nice neck and feel. I had one for a week, but returned it to the store because I could not get the intonation set on it. The tech at the store later told me they had to send it back to ibanez because the neck was warped. My friend has one and his plays and sounds great though. I found with Ibanez it's best if you can play it first and make sure everything is ok. They sometimes have lemons even with their expensive guitars. I guess every company does.

Comment

I had one but ended up selling it. It is really easy and comfortable to play but the reason why I did not like it is because I prefer a fatter neck and more weight in my guitars. This is the lightest guitar I ever owned. When I was in my teens and early twenties I preferred this type of guitar but now I like to feel the weight of wood in my hands not some type of feather.
          57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
          62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
          Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
          Baby Taylor
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus

Those were the JS2s I believe
            Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
            Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
            Carl Martin Rock Drive
            ISP Decimator
            BOSS DD-3
            Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

The JS's I've played are freakin' awesome. If I could justify a(nother) shred guitar that'd get serious consideration from me. I love the compound radius neck. I wish everyone would do that. The body shape is very comfortable, and they sound great. I always loved Joe's tone. That FRED isn't a bad little pup...

Mike

Comment

Just as I finished typing that I thought "Well, maybe I didn't ALWAYS love Joe's tone. As much as Surfing With The Alien is one of my childhood favs, the tone is pretty ugly."

Mike

Comment

I played a new Jem yeterday. I liked that too. Crap, I don't know which way to go now. Maybe I'll start a poll. The thing I like about the JS though is that it doesn't seem as personalized as a Jem. You know the whole signature guitar thing. I like it to be more original, but both guitars played real nice. Anymore inputs?
                  VHT 2502
                  (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

Before laying out money for basswood and Dimarzio's, take a serious look
                    at the G&L Invaders. For the $700-$1300 you'd pay for one, you'd be getting
                    5X the guitar you'd get from Ibanez or imported Jacksons.
                    They use the highest quality of woods, Duncan US pickups as stock,
                    and the necks are to die for. Also, the way the body's are shaped, they lay right into your body and are very comfortable. If you played any Ibanez, then picked up an Invader, you'd walk away with the G&L!
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      Before laying out money for basswood and Dimarzio's, take a serious look
                      at the G&L Invaders. For the $700-$1300 you'd pay for one, you'd be getting
                      5X the guitar you'd get from Ibanez or imported Jacksons.
                      They use the highest quality of woods, Duncan US pickups as stock,
                      and the necks are to die for. Also, the way the body's are shaped, they lay right into your body and are very comfortable. If you played any Ibanez, then picked up an Invader, you'd walk away with the G&L!
                      I really am not a fan of Dimarzio's, but I did like the sound of the Evolution pups though. Not bad just different. As far as the pups in the JS I was going to replace them with PGs. As far as the basswood, ya I wasn't to hip on that. The Jem had an Alder body though. I like the Edge Pro trems too. I am usually just a original Floyd and nothing else, but the seemed to work real good. I am going to have to try out a G&L. I checked out the site, and your right. The Invader is exactly the body shape I like. Thanks Gearjoneser!
                      VHT 2502
                      (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

I have a hardtail JS that has a pair of Phat Cats in it. I'm gigging with it this weekend at the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival on a solar powered stage, no less.

I've been rehearsing with it all week and it sounds freakin' awesome. Also, it's very easy to play. Plus the Phat Cats sit perfectly in the mix between the other guitarists' single coils (Strat & Tele) and humbuckers.

I like my JS!
                        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                          I have a hardtail JS that has a pair of Phat Cats in it. I'm gigging with it this weekend at the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival on a solar powered stage, no less.

I've been rehearsing with it all week and it sounds freakin' awesome. Also, it's very easy to play. Plus the Phat Cats sit perfectly in the mix between the other guitarists' single coils (Strat & Tele) and humbuckers.

I like my JS!
                          Thanks Evan !
                          VHT 2502
                          (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

I agree that the JS is a little less "signaturey" than the Jem.

G&L does make really nice guitars, but a fair amount of what Gearjoneser said was personal taste(no offense!). Body and neck shape are totally subjective, so if you like how an Ibanez feels and plays, don't skip over it because someone else finds a different guitar more comfortable. Ibanez gets a bad wrap, and deservedly so in some instances, but their pro line of guitars are quality instruments and some of them are the best guitars out there(MY personal taste. ).

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Burkwieser
                              I really am not a fan of Dimarzio's, but I did like the sound of the Evolution pups though. Not bad just different. As far as the pups in the JS I was going to replace them with PGs. As far as the basswood, ya I wasn't to hip on that. The Jem had an Alder body though. I like the Edge Pro trems too. I am usually just a original Floyd and nothing else, but the seemed to work real good. I am going to have to try out a G&L. I checked out the site, and your right. The Invader is exactly the body shape I like. Thanks Gearjoneser!
                              Well according to your words there are 3 things that you don't like in the guitar already: 1 dimarzios, 2 basswood, 3 edge pro - so why get it?? I'd suggest a nice japanese early jackson or a USA Soloist. I was aiming for a Soloist SL2H (Flame maple on Mahogany, JB+59 Duncans stock, floyd rose, 24 frets - what else could u want?) but i don't have the cash for one yet. The john petrucci music man is pretty sexy because it has a flat finger board.

I think I will stick with Seymour Duncans for the rest of my life...
                              Last edited by Frantic_Rock; 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM.
                              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Working...
                              X