banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best CLEAN amp you've ever played through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best CLEAN amp you've ever played through?

If you're looking for a pure clean tone, it's hard to beat a Roland JC-120.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Eek Jazz Chorus

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        Eek Jazz Chorus
        speaking of which, Why in the ... ... didn't Roland put a compressor/limiter on that amp rather than that horrid distortion, and why didn't they give the EQ more range as far as boost/cut. Also, a sweepable notch/feedback filter wouldn't have been a back inclusion for someone playing jazz on a hollow or semi-hollow body. I heard that the JC 120 was originally intented as a keyboard amp, and not for guitar, hence the distortion is supposed to sound better on keyboards ... Could be, it's gotta work better there than on guitar. Why not a compressor/limiter instead, you know jazz ...clean sustain, even chord work ... kinda goes together.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Hehe yeah...most jazzheads we had as customers back when I was working in a musicstore, actually used old nice Fender or Gibson combos.
          They have payed well for the guitar, why not get a good amp as well??
          Hehe I am not sold on JC's and those odd Polytones
          '

Comment

I'll agree that the JC could use a compressor/limiter. I liked it for the really lush and deep clean sound as well as the chorus and reverb. The major problem I had was the over-sensitivity to dynamics. Those amps would go from nice and mellow to painfully loud just by playing slightly harder. Of course a compressor/limiter would solve this.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Fender Stage 160. Superb clean tone. The dirty channel isn't much to write home about but the clean channel is such a nice base it'll take effects really well.

Comment

My '59 Magnatone Troubadour!
                F#@{ Clapton- Wenger is God!

Comment

My '59 Bandmaster. It doesn't have a lot of headroom, but the cleans are unreal.

Comment

Fender Vibrolux (with Jensen 10's) on 2-3. It is pure heaven with a Les Paul.
                    Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Peavey Bandit 112 with the newly designed Ultra-Clean strings

Ok.. enuff already
                      But seriously, it was a 67 or 68 Fender Vibrolux Reverb Amp loaded with NOS tubes (Telefunken and co.)
                      Last edited by Thames; 04-14-2004, 02:25 PM.
                      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

The best clean amps I've played through are my Fender Twin, and a Fender Band Master

I tried my friend's Rivera for a while, but it didn't have the same ability to do smooth, chiming cleans as the Fenders

Comment

Working...
                        X