Just Scored a Killer Tele on Ebay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just Scored a Killer Tele on Ebay!

They are actually humbuckers....take alook on your average P-bass.
    Leo made some nifty sounding pickups......and those G&L pickups sounds very good and has their very own vibe.
    By the way if the Pots are 250K switch to 500 to get more life to them.
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 04-14-2004, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Ah . . . so sorta like a DuckBucker, with offset plastic?

Comment

Yep like the P-bass pickup.
        wide-aperture single-coils that are louder and fatter than Strat pickups. The Z pickups’ separated-coil configuration enhances the highs and lows, and because the two coils are wound in opposite directions, each pickup is humbucking. It’s a great recipe.
        In the words of old Joe Gore.
        hehe

Comment

congrats, gj, you've been needing a Tele!
          "One other thing... I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over...."
          R.J. MacReady, John Carpenter's The Thing

http://www.myspace.com/PegasusActualMusic
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dzNCgX0QW0

http://www.soundclick.com/randymcfarland
          http://www.soundclick.com/randotones

Comment

Would you guys go with the white pickguard, solid black, or black moto pearl?
            I still can't believe it's only $615! AND, I don't have to change the pickups.
            G&L uses either their own highquality designs, or U.S. Duncans. I've played those Z pickups before. I like the fact that you can back them down to the output of a regular Tele, or turn them all the way up and push your amp harder like a humbucker. And yes, it's alder, not ash. I'll just have to wear sunglasses when I play it. LOL
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 04-14-2004, 08:07 PM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I think I would stick with the white pickguard.

That's a sweet catch GJ!!!

Comment

I personally think a black pickguard, but thats just me...i rekon it would give it a less fancy more cool look...not that it doesnt already look cool as but thats what i would do.

Awesome score man, love it how you made a last minute (literally) decision! Take that women who think men are indecisive :P
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
                  I personally think a black pickguard, but thats just me...i rekon it would give it a less fancy more cool look...not that it doesnt already look cool as but thats what i would do.

Awesome score man, love it how you made a last minute (literally) decision! Take that women who think men are indecisive :P
                  I'm leaning toward a G&L 3 ply black pickguard, myself! For the exact reasons you pointed out.

As for the aquisition...I really was looking for a Z-3, but didn't decide on this one till 45 seconds before the auction ended. What I didn't tell you, which makes it even more crazy, is that I bought it on the very day I did my taxes, and was liquidating a good chunk of change to pay my end of year tax balloon payment.
                  On the day I commited to this guitar, I also wrote a check for $2700, which translates to "living by the seat of your pants!" It doesn't matter tho, because I sold about $2300 worth of gear last week. Talk about a crazy hobby! I do know that the Tele is going to be well used!
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Man I love sparkles!! Nice score!
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

dont like the color, but that guitar for that price you could get it repainted, or sell it for a profit and buy a different one.!
                      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                      fender mim standard strat
                      peavey classic 30
                      johnson j-station
                      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                      yamaha f-310p acoustic
                      taylor 410 acoustic
                      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                      X