banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new Guitar - PRS SE 245 Vs Epi Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a new Guitar - PRS SE 245 Vs Epi Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro?

Both are nice guitars, don't see how you could go wrong with either.

Comment

Re: Time for a new Guitar - PRS SE 245 Vs Epi Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro?

Originally posted by thunderkyss View Post
      I'd spend about $30 on a solder iron and a can of electronics cleaner, then spend a few minutes watching youtube.

Chances are you won't need to buy any hardware, the electronics in a passive guitar are pretty robust. You most likely have connection issues which are easy.... easy to fix.

Other than that, if you want to buy another guitar, just to buy another guitar, spend some time with those two you mentioned & take home the one you like. I personally think I would like the fatter body/neck on the Epi, but some people like girly guitars like the 245. (just kidding).
      I know this is an old thread however... (I would like the fatter body/neck on the Epi) Wrong... the epi is slim taper D, the se245 is Wide Fat, close to a gibson 59 rounded C and as far as body goes the SE245 is just as thick as the epi but has a belly carve, my SE245 is a 2 piece body, my epi lp plustop pro is 4 pieces. the PRS SE245 is made in Korea is flawless and no fret problems as opposed to the epi from china that had to be worked on just to be able to play it because of 3 frets being too high not to mention the flaws in the paint and binding...

Comment

Working...
      X