No announcement yet.

Just bought a Classic 60s strat neck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Classic 60s strat neck!!

Well, based on the comments from this board, I just won one on Ebay for $305aud. That's the most I've ever spent on Ebay I think, it better be good!!
    Here's a pic:

What do you think? It'll be going in the guitar in my sig (assuming it fits) that currently has an aftermarket strat neck, until I build another one someday.
    Homemade Tas Oak Tele w/ SD Custom 4 & strat Blue Lace Sensor, Boogie DC-3

Re: Just bought a Classic 60s strat neck!!

A real neck from the 60's? How cool!! You can't help but wonder about it's history. No telling who may have played on it.

Comment

hope it works out for you

whats the conversion rate... that seems kind of steep for a mexican neck
      '05 Gibson SG Standard
      '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
      PRS IRW McCarty
      '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
      82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

It seems to me that that neck is worth a lot more than you paid for it. I could be wrong though, either way a good score.

Comment

A real neck from the 60's? How cool!! You can't help but wonder about it's history. No telling who may have played on it.
          No that is not a real 60's neck
          But it looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            No that is not a real 60's neck
            But it looks nice.
            Rid is right, it's a Classic 60's neck, which is a MIM 60s reissue from ~2000 I think. At the moment, it is about .75 Australian cents to the US dollar, but everything guitar seems to cost a lot more than that over here:

For an example -
            * a seymour duncan custom or C-5 or whatever rrps at $209aud.
            * the Classic 60s strat, on special, is about $1600 http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=4889
            * MIA standard strat is about 2 grand
            * MIM standard strat is $800

It was a lot of money but fender necks don't pop up very often, especially this particular one which - according to a few people on this board - is a very comfortable neck. I hope it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ez74
              hope it works out for you

whats the conversion rate... that seems kind of steep for a mexican neck
              $226 or £125 at present rates - that seems pretty reasonable??

You could have bought my one but it is maple neck (See the trading post) for a lot less. But good luck
              Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                $226 or £125 at present rates - that seems pretty reasonable??

You could have bought my one but it is maple neck (See the trading post) for a lot less. But good luck
                Are you saying it is reasonble, or isn't , or you don't know?

The shipping costs on your neck would be nasty, and the customs wouldn't be friendly either. And I preffer rosewood fingerboards. Having said that, I saw your neck for sale and would jump on it if I were in the UK - very cheap!

Comment

That seems quite expensive for a MIM neck.

I got a USA warmoth style licenced fender tele neck and an ash tele tobacco burst body for 220 US off ebay.

I built this telecaster with them...

That seems a lot more expensive in Australia than here in North America.
                  my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                  A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Way different markets, unfortunately. I posted those prices so you guys could d othe comparison.... after working out the exhange rate, guitar stuff is still a LOT more expensive over here. And those strat prices are the best you can get in Australia AFAIK, not rrps. Check out ebay.com.au sometime and you'll be amazed. Nice tele btw. Warmoth make some nice stuff, I've looked throuhg their site before, but the shipping + customs ()big customs for some reason) makes it unfeasable.

Someone in another thread said that neck was $495 (I assume USD) new. Now i'm a bit confused.

Comment

Man thats tough. My condolences. You gotta get someone who is coming from America to bring you over a guitar... (or parts)

I know that american stratocaster necks list from fender for 259 US. So mexican ones should probably be cheaper.

I bet you could get something nice Australian made over there...
                      my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                      A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Crap, I didn't realise they were quite so cheap new in the US! I've thought about the get-someone-to-bring-over-a-neck idea, but I think being wood means it has to be checked out by customs, and that attracts, well, customs $$$.

I could get somethign nice made over here, but I wanted an actual strat neck. IIRC my current cheap (still nice) GT strat replacement neck cost me about 150 bucks - 6 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X