What's wrong with me?....GAS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with me?....GAS???

So I'm still in the process of looking to get a tube amp, when suddenly I'm starting to feel like I want another guitar . For some reason I've been looking to see if I can find another Strat, I guess because for years I've played my Cort and I'm just so comfortable playing them. Some people, none from here of course would say I do not need another guitar. I have a total of 5, that's including a bass and a guitar of which I built with a teacher years ago and unfortanatly never was totally finished and therefore I never play it. First things first, I would like a tube amp, but I really want another guitar. Thanks for letting for get this out.

Tom
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: What's wrong with me?....GAS???

Personally, looking at your gear...

Geat a Tube amp, and get the best one you can get, even if it is used.

I did the same as you, I'm looking at amps and then this peavey wolfgang came up for a steal price, but I turned it down.
    Still looking for an amp.

Comment

A tube amp will help you more right now. If you like your guitars more than you like your amps, you need an amp.
      "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Thanks Grandor. Yeah, I really need to upgrade to a tube amp. I'm still looking to find which amp is for me. I've been finding some great deals on ebay, however I'm alittle uneasy about buying something from there.
        -Tom

Vox VT15
        Washburn D10SCE

Comment

Originally posted by TwofacePimp
          A tube amp will help you more right now. If you like your guitars more than you like your amps, you need an amp.
          This is true...I like my guitars alot more than my amp. I was suckered into buying that Crate, and now it just isn't doing it for me, plus the fact that I want to go tube anyway . Thanks TwofacePimp!
          -Tom

Vox VT15
          Washburn D10SCE

Comment

What advice I can give you is try everything that you possibly can, take your guitars with you and try out the amps to any shop and let your ears be the best judge. Don't be rushed into anything as an impulse buy or because it is a great offer or whatever. A lot of people will tell you that you will need this or that tube amp and that you have to have a 100w stack, combo or whatever.

Try all of them and only when you have narrowed it down to possibly 2/3 then do a comparison, if at all possible. Then go and get it really cheap of e-bay, music shop or perhaps someone here might be selling it really cheap!!

Good luck!
            Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
              What advice I can give you is try everything that you possibly can, take your guitars with you and try out the amps to any shop and let your ears be the best judge. Don't be rushed into anything as an impulse buy or because it is a great offer or whatever. A lot of people will tell you that you will need this or that tube amp and that you have to have a 100w stack, combo or whatever.

Try all of them and only when you have narrowed it down to possibly 2/3 then do a comparison, if at all possible. Then go and get it really cheap of e-bay, music shop or perhaps someone here might be selling it really cheap!!

Good luck!
              that's is fantastic advice!!!

i couldn't have said it better myself...follow this and you can't go wrong!!!

and btw...there's nothing wrong with you...give in to the g.a.s....resistance is futile!!!
              Last edited by Hoss; 04-14-2004, 06:43 AM.
              Originally posted by jeremy
              God hates bad guitar tone
              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

you dont have GAS, to play gigs it is a good idea to have 2 amps, in case one breaks down.

tube amp = not invincible

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys! Hopefully I can find the amp I want soon. I was just playing today and I'm just not feelin' the Crate anymore.
                  -Tom

Vox VT15
                  Washburn D10SCE

Comment

There are so many solid tube amp combo's that you can get for less than $600 used. I've not had a bad experience on ebay yet....you just have to do your research. The crate vintage series are solid, Peavy classic 30's, DDRI's, JCM combo's....tons of options. Play as many as you can.
                    My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                    X