Effects Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Loop

I have a 60 watt Pignose tube amp. Why should I run my effects pedals through the effects loop in the amp? I'm not sure why this is any different than going through the input of the amp. Any suggestions.

Re: Effects Loop

Take a look at the 'Chorus - where in chain' thread. Basically, you put non-gain effects in the effects loop so that you get the amp distortion first in the chain (you treat amp gain like it's a gain pedal).

Comment

Originally posted by southadc
      Take a look at the 'Chorus - where in chain' thread. Basically, you put non-gain effects in the effects loop so that you get the amp distortion first in the chain (you treat amp gain like it's a gain pedal).
      Yep. You'll see a big difference in how your effects work and sound in the loop. It really works well for delay pedals, chorus, flange, etc. Keeping the effects after the gain is nice.
      Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

I think there's either a problem with my effects loop or my cables but everytime I plug something (i.e. delay, phaser) into the effects loop I just get really crappy, farty type sounds...not clear at all, or even close to the quality of straight into the amp.
        (it's an MG250DFX by the way...a stereo amp, so that could be part of it too...)

What could the problem be?

Comment

Working...
        X