Dunlop Mudslide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dunlop Mudslide

the slides i use are made by a now defunct small company whos names escapes me at the moment. i have a red one i use all the time and a blue one i keep at home. they are both glass bottle type slides about the same size as a dunlop 275 but the opening on the red one is perfectly sized for my ring finger and the blue one is damn close. they sound different to me than the dunlop and other glass slides i have so maybe its a different type of glass

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
      Closest I would to the Mud is a Joe Perry slide, I like it.

I like glass mostly but I have an aluminum slide that I love. Won't take it anywhere though it's kind of irreplaceable.
      necrobump..

I've been getting into slide lately and buying a few to try out. But so far no porcelain / ceramic.. Can anyone compare the mudslide to the Joe Perry boneyard? Is there anything that really distinguishes them functionally?

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
        necrobump..

I've been getting into slide lately and buying a few to try out. But so far no porcelain / ceramic.. Can anyone compare the mudslide to the Joe Perry boneyard? Is there anything that really distinguishes them functionally?
        I've got a dunlop ceramic moonshine slide (243) and a dunlop mudslide (263). I'd say they're similar in feel, the mudslide is maybe a touch darker sounding. Both are pretty thick walled and light to mid weight. The inside of them is nice and grippy on your finger.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I've got one of those 20 years ago

I dropped it several times but no trouble.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

i almost always use glass, at least for electric, but have had a few porcelain ones and still have one or two. the rest have all broken, i dont think they are much tougher than glass but they do have a nice sound

Comment

Working...
            X