Yamaha Pacifica 510V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Pacifica 510V

I just "discovered" these while looking for something else. Wow! Comes from the factory with a Duncan P-Rails. Sweet.

This could be the perfect upgrade to my Peavey Rockmaster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha-Pacifica-510V-Candy-Apple-Redsm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	5843621

P.S. I really, really, really don't need another axe.

Re: Yamaha Pacifica 510V

It seems to be missing a neck pickup!
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

My Rockmaster has the same "problem".

Comment

Nice guitars.

Comment

I like the Pacifica 611 Hardtails. Cant remember the exact model number. Too lazy to search and post a photo. SD P90 in neck and Custom 5 in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
            I like the Pacifica 611 Hardtails. Cant remember the exact model number. Too lazy to search and post a photo. SD P90 in neck and Custom 5 in the bridge.
            Pacifica 611 HFM. Lovely guitar.

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I love Pacificas. Highly underrated and easy to find a great deal on in the secondhand market.

My only complaint with some of the newer mid-level ones is the neck profile...too thick for my tastes. Then again, the originals were almost too thin! Not sure what the 510V has for sure, but I recommend checking it out in person if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                I love Pacificas. Highly underrated and easy to find a great deal on in the secondhand market.

My only complaint with some of the newer mid-level ones is the neck profile...too thick for my tastes. Then again, the originals were almost too thin! Not sure what the 510V has for sure, but I recommend checking it out in person if you can.
                Well mine has got a pretty perfect neck. Really, really smooth and fast playing on it. PUs are lovely, BTW.

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  I just "discovered" these while looking for something else. Wow! Comes from the factory with a Duncan P-Rails. Sweet.

This could be the perfect upgrade to my Peavey Rockmaster.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79484[/ATTACH]

P.S. I really, really, really don't need another axe.
                  I was looking at it a while back, but that Dinky in my pic came on a trade... How is it wired?

Congrats on the axe!
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

These look like fun guitars to have. Great trem system, too. Although, I'd need a neck pickup.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      These look like fun guitars to have. Great trem system, too. Although, I'd need a neck pickup.
                      Here you go. http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/im...9B65_12073.jpg

You can pick them up for right around $600 new. I think they are a good deal considering the fact that they come equipped with SD pickups. I don't own one but I've thought about it more than once (Hardtail version).

They also have a non flame P90 + Bucker version (311H) with import pickups. Only available with a hardtail I think. They are around 400 bucks. Worth saving the $200 bucks if you have some pickups laying around and you don't mind skipping the flame top. Cool thing about the Pacifica line is all the pickup configurations that they offer. That and they do have a few available with hardtail bridges. I'm not big on "trems".

Pacifica guitars are designed in collaboration with Yamaha Guitar Development (YGD) and offer professional performance and expressive versatility.
                      Last edited by Darg1911; 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I had a Pacifica 712. that was pretty much like this except...

It had a Wilkinson bridge like the one in your picture. Also had Sperzel locking tuners. May have been modded by the original owner. I got it from a pawn shop for $150.

I added a PAF Pro to the bridge. I think the neck pups were actually DiMarzio stacked hum cancelling. Anyway..that guitar kicked @$$. Should have kept it. AMAZING neck, could do EVH dive bombs, and sounded great. A PRails would have been awesome in there, but they didn't exist back then.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

And pfft - add the neck pups. Lots of room there!
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm GASing for the 510V mostly because of the neck profile. I would like the pickup options on the 712. Are the 712 necks the same as the 510V?
                            I've not played the 712

Thanks

Comment

Wow, that looks great. SSL-5 on the neck and it would be perfect.

And it's only about 400€ ordered... Now I need to revise my budget...
                              Last edited by Jacew; 04-23-2017, 04:45 AM.
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                              X