Yamaha Pacifica 510V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha Pacifica 510V

One thing is for sure, these Yamaha Pacificas offer a lot of bang for the buck if you ask me!!
    Top notch hardware, from A to Z...making for a very high quality guitar!
    If you can miss a neck (and/or middle pickup) the 510V would be a very nice addition to your colection Artie. And if you want more then just a bridge pickup, you can always add another pickup, the bodies most likely are routed for it.
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

712 was one of the best necks If ever felt...
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob667 View Post
        I'm GASing for the 510V mostly because of the neck profile. I would like the pickup options on the 712. Are the 712 necks the same as the 510V?
        I've not played the 712

Thanks
        So how is the neck of 510V related to fender necks for instance, C profile? Thicker, thinner?
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Can anyone who's owned a Pacifica confirm what sort of routing they have?

Comment

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
            Can anyone who's owned a Pacifica confirm what sort of routing they have?
            The ones I have seen had the "swimming pool" routing (one big rectangular routing with place for H-S-H) and one higher end model had a H-S-H routing, but I think that model did not have a pickguard.
            "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

It seems like a D-shaped neck almost in a 90s Fender Jeff Beck Strat neck
              Chunky like a 50s LP but with wide fingerboard

Comment

Originally posted by Rob667 View Post
                It seems like a D-shaped neck almost in a 90s Fender Jeff Beck Strat neck
                Chunky like a 50s LP but with wide fingerboard
                Eww, I don't think I'd like it. I have played Pacificas that had smaller necks that I thought were wonderful, though.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Eww, I don't think I'd like it. I have played Pacificas that had smaller necks that I thought were wonderful, though.
                  I recently got a Pacifica 611VFM that has this same neck and I like it. A little thicker than the standard Pacifica neck, but not too thick IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                    My only complaint with some of the newer mid-level ones is the neck profile...too thick for my tastes..
                    Ha, one of the few things keeping me from the 510 and 611 is the fact the neck profile might be too thin for me.

The several I've played have felt like a Fender Modern C with a flatter radius. The Fender Modern C often means hand cramps for me, so I'd want something bigger.

Comment

Hey. Did this got already discontinued! I've checked them out online, when get gas for another guitar and couldn't find them available anymore anywhere?

Now if one comes on sale I apparently HAVE to buy instead of talking sense to myself
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                      X